Thứ Tư, 31 tháng 1, 2018

Youtube daily so Jan 31 2018

"Curiosity at Martian Scienic Overlook"

Ashwin Vasavada: When the Curiosity rover

climbed a ridge and the skies

cleared up during martian winter, we had the chance to

take this amazing panorama.

I'm really glad we did.

Curiosity is inside Gale crater, a huge basin made by

an impactor about 3.8 billion years ago.

The mountains across the crater floor are actually the

northern rim of the crater.

They rise over a mile above the rover.

It's so clear, when we took this image, that you can even

see a hill outside the crater that is 50 miles away!

I love how you can see Peace Vallis, a channel that once

held a flowing river, like many others that formed lakes

inside Gale crater.

This is also the first time we could look back and see

everywhere we've been so far in the mission

since landing in 2012.

Here's the path we took.

After landing, we drove to Yellowknife Bay

before we turned southwest through Darwin, Cooperstown,

and the Kimberley.

The rover studied dark, windblown sand at Namib Dune.

Curiosity then weaved between the Murray Buttes,

checked out Ireson Hill,

and made a tricky crossing of the Bagnold Dunes

before reaching the ridge where it sits today

and caught this amazing view.

To aid geologists, colors in the image are white balanced so

rocks appear the same color as the same rocks would on Earth.

[NASA LOGO, Jet Propulsion Laboratory,

California Institute of Technology]

For more infomation >> Curiosity at Martian Scenic Overlook - Duration: 1:54.

-------------------------------------------

Why are Dems so opposed to releasing the FISA memo? - Duration: 5:25.

For more infomation >> Why are Dems so opposed to releasing the FISA memo? - Duration: 5:25.

-------------------------------------------

Tatjana Gsell nach Exit: So viel hat sie im Camp abgenommen! - Duration: 0:52.

For more infomation >> Tatjana Gsell nach Exit: So viel hat sie im Camp abgenommen! - Duration: 0:52.

-------------------------------------------

I'M SO DONE - The Last Jedi Comment Comeback - Duration: 19:13.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but of course my Star Wars the last Jedi video is controversial

I said some things

I wish had been clearer on and some very good points were made in the comments that I'm about to address and challenge many of

These comments are completely ridiculous and truly horrible

But I'm used to that at this point at the time of me making this the video is about 900 thousand views with

26,000 comments that is an insane amount of comments, but you also have to remember that

26,000 is under 3 percent of the overall amount of views meaning that the comments

I'm showing you in this video only represent the most vocal minority of a vocal minority possible

I just like to remind you that I think is equally fine to hate or love the movie for your own reasons

And I know it might be pointless to even say this but please do try your best to keep the conversation civil

Whether you agree or disagree. It's only a movie I

Think the biggest factor that shows this movie being

Objectively not very good as so the majority of people

I've seen liking it only liked it after second third except reviewing if you need to see a movie twice to like it and understand

What the hell is going on IMO?

It's just not a very good movie a lot of people made this argument first off

This is kind of warping what I said in my video by saying I didn't understand

What was going on in the movie and that's why I had to see it again my exact words were actually I was genuinely

Unsure, but I had an overall positive outlook and vibe

I'm honestly not sure how I could be more clear on my feelings. Also. I don't think a movie is inherently bad

Just because you feel the need to see it more than once in fact a lot at the time the second viewing is what cements

My opinion on a movie be it donnie darko

2001 a Space Odyssey

inception enemy Fight Club Brazil the lego movie Pulp Fiction the list goes on

I think if a movie can offer you something different with each viewing then that is something to be celebrated

And discussed not shut down for being a failure

This is the first video of yours that I've disliked

I'm not going to defend the autists harassing other people because you're right about their ridiculous behavior

You only focused on the morons though?

Where are the legitimate?

critiques and reviews by competent creators

There are real issues with this phone when you only wanted to respond to this Berg's

There's comments like this that make me think that a large portion of viewers didn't actually listen or watch the video

There's an entire section where I address a lot of the major critiques of the film with my own feelings and commentary

I've avoided

Spoilers as best I could so I think some people are taking that as me being dismissive and glossing over the real problems a lot

Of you already know what you didn't like about the movie

So I thought it was pointless to spend a large amount of time covering things everyone else has ad hominem like I know the canto

Bites subplot is hated. I talked about that

I know people are disappointed by Snoke I addressed why I think that decision was made and we'll talk about it more later

Briefly, I know people didn't like the humor. I also address that I know people are upset about Luke

I dressed that I know some people feel really strongly that the film has an agenda

I purposefully didn't touch that because I have nothing to add to that conversation

I know people have problems with the writing and structure

I said how it personally was not an issue for my enjoyment of the film?

I simply cannot talk about every single opinion anyone has ever had on the movie

So I tried to talk about my own thoughts and feelings on what I liked and what I disliked for the record

I think all those things are fair to criticize the film for if you truly feel that way

But what did you mean to lie even if I don't agree with those problems?

I feel how I feel and you feel how you feel get over

The thing I dislike about the new movies is that there is no reason for them to exist at all other than making money

hmm the first six films did a great job of making and

Concluding a satisfying way

And then leaving the rest of the details to the EU if people wanted to expand their knowledge bla bla bla bla bla

Every single movie with budgets as large as this one

Exists to make money all movies have to toe the line of being artwork and product at the same time and as the people

involved who usually

Define where in that spectrum that end movie falls into if you think these new movies are ruining what you liked about the old movies

Then stop supporting them you will always have the old movies to watch as many times as you wish

The Matrix sequels don't make the original a bad movie the Star Wars prequels don't make a new hope a bad movie you take away

As little or as much as you wish are they missed opportunities sure do they ruin what came before it?

Though only if you let it you even have met yourself that the movies aren't bad and are of high quality

So surely that means it's fine for someone to like them. Just like it's fine for you to not like them for your own reasons

Well, I really don't like people who disagree with your movie taste IMO, which is only my opinion the movie was bad

I don't know what gave you that impression?

I said multiple times

I think it's fine to like or dislike the movie the only people I put down are those who I think are being unfair with

their criticisms or being downright nasty and hateful a

Few comments picked out the hypocrisy in me saying I'd like to think people who genuinely hate Star Wars wouldn't waste their time

going

Which is completely fair anyone can obviously see any movie they want and that does seem hypocritical of me to say

Especially seeing as I myself go and see films. I end up not enjoying all the time however the point

I was trying to make was that I would always take the opinion of someone who hates Star Wars

And where's that fact on their sleeve kind of with a grain of salt I would happily listen to their criticisms on

technical aspects of the filmmaking, but if you don't like Star Wars

Then what exactly were you expecting to get out of a Star Wars film

It's like me going to

Fantastic beasts and where to find them as someone who really doesn't care that much about Harry Potter

I can talk about the filmmaking and what works and doesn't work there for me

But I'm just not gonna get the same rush that the people who are really into that world are gonna get the second comment ends

By saying this in my opinion with valid reasons wasn't a good film isn't it wonderful how opinions can be different?

And that's okay because this in my opinion with valid reasons was a good film

I don't think style will sucks

I just think the movie does they did not handle Luke as a character well opinion there were many plot holes

They say without any supporting evidence rose as a character was badly executed

I wouldn't say she was bad, but I also wouldn't say she was good either again an opinion

The jokes are really bad and mostly cringe if the humor didn't work for you, then. That's more than okay, although

I'd argue that this is

Oversimplifying it because that isn't to say that aren't jokes that work Snoke was pointless see to me Snoke was one of the least

Interesting things about the force awakens. I don't understand

Why everyone is acting like they were so invested in his character?

I can see why people might think it's a waste of a potential character

But you have to kind of see it for what it is to me. He's much like the Emperor from the originals

He's just a plot device to force the main characters down a certain path like without the prequels that character is pretty two-dimensional

He's just evil guy like if you're disappointed by that then it's fine, but to me

It just really didn't bother me because the film isn't about him ultimately there was political propaganda in the movie

I mentioned the strange anti 1% message and the animal rights one as well

Which I mentioned I didn't think we're necessary not gonna touch any others

Raiden get a good reason why she has been so powerful so this is something I was kind of hoping for and didn't get there

is a line set by Snoke that kind of implies where it's coming from so you can use your

Imagination a little which I'm not averse to but it doesn't really explain how she was so effective in the first movie like we were

All hoping to me the worst one was Rey being so weirdly effective at piloting the Falcon and force awakens

But I guess like Luke was also able to defeat the bad guys his first time in an x-wing so that kind of oversight isn't

that new to the franchise I expect it's just a convenience to propel the plot forward a

Lot of people correctly pointed out that the section at the end had some problems

I did intend for it to be a bit of humor

But it clearly didn't land very well obviously

Because bad films exist that doesn't excuse the bad things in the last Jedi the point I failed at expressing was that I was trying

To mock the people who are calling the last Jedi the worst movie of the year, which you might say isn't happening

But I am seeing a hell of a lot of it when in my opinion is head and shoulders above

Every one of the films I mentioned in that section

There's not a very well articulated joke and I definitely change it if I could go back

There are plenty of people that didn't appreciate how I rag Don the prequels to make the odd point here in there

It was pointed out by someone that you talked about the purpose of Star Wars movies is to be fun

But then you bashed on the prequels which are the most fun of the Star Wars movies again

That is an opinion and an opinion

I do not share I find the prequels to be fun if you're watching them in the same way

You'd watch the room if I tried to take them seriously, I'm afraid. I just get bored

I don't really see why you think the prequels are so bad since mediocre dialogue does not trouble you yeah

I can deal with mediocre dialogue. It's laughable dreadfully written and delivered dialogue

I cannot get on with which is what I find the prequels to all have I understand you don't like Yoda or the force but

The prequels have a lot more to offer thus you refused to give any details about your complaints

Just watch them again like you're allowed and think this there is more to love about the prequels than to hate

I actually did watch attack of the clones and Revenge of the Sith before making my video, and I'm sorry

But I just do not believe that there is more to liking the prequels than to hate unless you can

totally overlook major flaws with the

filmmaking I didn't cover what I didn't like about the prequels in detail because that wasn't relevant to the subjects of the video and my

God talk about a subject that has been done to death if you haven't seen the plane kit reviews already they more than explain why?

But if you haven't I'd only say I require four things to ensure a Star Wars movie by being good acting good dialogue and interesting

storyline and good production the prequels only have

one of those that being an interesting storyline and that only includes the last two because the Phantom Menace is a confused

Pointless story the acting is bad mostly because of the dialogue and direction and the production is aged poorly due to and over Alliance on

CGI that wasn't that great at the time if those movies at least looked visually amazing I'd be more forgiving

But unfortunately the only time they are visually interesting is when everything is CGI and not servicing any characters

God people set the bar so high when they watch movies they accept to put I think they mean expect a perfect movie

But their movie has even the tiniest flaws they will

Shit all over it I would agree that a hype culture is kind of set the bar to a ridiculous extent however

I do think many of the complaints are totally valid

All right so now on to the people who disagree with me about Luke this movie is no way narrative

Ly satisfying for someone with a functioning brain

This is the exact behavior people in the comments were claiming me to be guilty of based on nothing a pretentious egotistical dimwit

Who instead of accepting my justified feelings has to claim that I am somehow mentally deficient?

Because it's simply so stunning to them that there are people in the world who think differently to them Luke died for nothing he defended

a door for two minutes

That's it and he died for that

What a reductive viewpoint you have I guess by your logic Darth Vader died for nothing he picked up the Emperor and electrocuted himself

That's it and he died for that Han Solo died for nothing who stood on a bridge and got stabbed

That's it and he died for that remove your rose-tinted

nostalgia goggles for a minute and remove your attachment from Luke for just a second and think about how he's presented in the movie and

What his actions actually achieve?

This is a defeated character who has given up on hope because of mistakes from his past that weigh on him

but after his old teacher

approaches him and explains that failure is the greatest learning tool of them all he stops being defeated and

Uses everything he was taught to become a legend like everyone thought

he was his peaceful trick saves the resistance and he lives on to be cemented throughout the galaxy as a hero as shown in the

Very final scene being the spark of hope that inspires countless people to face up against their oppressors

I can't understand if you don't think Luke would ever give up in the first place

despite the fact that the Jedi have constantly given up and gone into hiding but police don't act like that's not a fair reason to

Enjoy his arc in the movie. I personally enjoyed it and found it to be in Luke spirit

He's always been a somewhat flawed character to me. He disobeys all his teachings and Empire

He that's the anger take over very briefly in Jedi the reason

I like Luke is because he seems like a real person to me someone who isn't perfect and makes mistakes

I

Lasted four minutes into your review the best work is when you talk about film structure the way it looks the way

It's made so you mean exactly what I did right after the four-minute mark it's not my fault. You didn't watch the video

The last Jedi was really awful. This is fact not opinion. No that is literally an opinion

They did not occur to you that perhaps Hamill was paid to shut his mouth about voicing his

Criticism on the movie before it came out people don't usually change their minds like that

I don't really want to live in your world

Where people are unable to have their minds changed that sounds dreadful, and now I don't think he was paid to shut his mouth

He's already been paid more than enough to be in these new films my point is even if he did disagree with the character in

The movie that does not make it inherently bad

If that were the case the original trilogy would be truly awful films because Alec Guinness famously hated Star Wars

And thought it was stupid garbage

Harrison Ford would even make fun of how stupid the series is begging for his character to be murdered in Jedi's who didn't have to

Be in anymore those aren't actors having direct issues with the characters

But is still an actors commentary on their work as I said in my video

It's an actor's job to fulfill the director's vision not the other way around

Name five films which came out last year that were better Blade Runner 2049 the shape of water, baby driver it comes at night

Valyrian in the city of thousand

See this right here is a fair comment

I'm not gonna read it can't bothered you can pause it and read it if you want

It doesn't put either side down it just explains what they liked and what they didn't like and what their conclusion is there's nothing wrong

with this

Man you need to stop being pretentious and understand the concept that maybe the movies are bad, and the audience is genuine with their distaste

Despite your opinion of the film not aligning with that viewpoint the irony here is that you are the pretentious one by implying that you

Have the right opinion and that mine is objectively wrong?

Just because I think a little differently to you the fact that I typed the same comment on your last Star Wars review is proof

That you are not improving not improving

What asshole bending my opinion to fall in line with yours because you are so intelligent and above me that yours has to be correct

jog on

I actually liked the last Jedi and I even thought you were full of BS

There is something incredibly petty about this video looking down on those who think differently to you

There's something incredibly petty about this comment looking down on me for my perfectly reasonable and fair video that didn't attack anyone with a fair

Viewpoint since in your view the good outweigh the bad, then the movie is objectively good

one

What are you talking about? Who are you quoting?

I never said that that sentence makes literally no sense whatsoever if you actually understand what the word objectively even means

Why would anyone subscribe to this idiot who hardly explains

Why he thinks anything about the given film or franchise that is exactly what I did for the entire video?

You just clearly didn't like what I said the people who didn't like the film actually go into

Specific detail as to why the film failed and the already established

Franchise this moron just posited major

Supposedly good size to it without any supporting evidence the performances are brilliant and convincing the action is thrilling okay?

So that's your opinion

But why and how how is this even an argument you're trying to pick apart an opinion all of these

People who didn't like the film of which you speak

Are just telling you their opinion how the hell am I supposed to show supporting evidence for

The action is thrilling without just showing you the action being

thrilling which is

Constantly shown in the video through the clips of the thrilling action if you're gonna sit there and tell me I am wrong for thinking

The action is well executed and shot, which it is then how is your anecdotal evidence any more valid than mine?

Angry Joe, and this is the real language

I believe says

focusing on vitriol from fanboys and internet trolls does a disservice to

Actual criticism of the film is there not the entire point of what I was saying how am I supposed to know the actual?

Arguments why people think the film is bad when you mention the movie you get?

20,000 comments or people wanting to kill you and the points being presented is so muddy and

Inconsistent I would much rather talk about actual problems with the film making and writing over opinions on the story that makes sense to me

Including Admiral Ackbar is not fanservice as you suggest

Yes, it is is completely in line with this character a leader of the rebellion that decided to join the resistance as a general okay?

But that doesn't make his death mean anything because he isn't a character with any depth beyond

Being a meme the character who we've met for 15 minutes gets one of the most glorious visually impressive

sacrifices and all of Star Wars in a film that has mixed messaging on whether

Sacrificing yourself for a Cause is even worthwhile or not now that I agree with that's fine

Except when you total up how much screen time Admiral Ackbar actually has in the franchise. It's so minimal

I think it's actually less than hold oh that scene could have easily been given to Akbar

Or held with some rewrites and reshoots Leia herself

That's just one of the many issues with the last Jedi first off Disney would never allow a character called

Akbar to kamikaze their ship into anyone

And I just feel like it would be too goofy with such a weird character

I do completely agree that it is a missed opportunity to use a character

We do not care about for such a great moment, but subbing them in for another character. We ultimately

Do not care about wouldn't have sold that issue for me

I like the idea of that being Leia's final moment

But you simply had to have the seam of Luke and Leia at the end

I feel like that would have been an even bigger missed opportunity if Luke had never had a seam of Leia

It doesn't deepen the law it cuts it short and sets up perhaps one of the most boring

Resolutions Cuyler versus Rey in a lightsaber fight what a bold new direction. Love you, man

I'm not sure if that last bit there was sarcasm or not although

I never said the film is taking us in a bold new direction and it can be criticized for being too safe and similar

That's fine

That's what everyone has been doing to the force awakens for years now the Star Wars has always copied itself like

Jedi's just a remake of a new hope there are moments in the prequels that echo the original trilogy in

Really, not so subtle ways

But this is a kind of thing we can't really comment on properly without seeing JJ's remake of Jedi first

I mean if you really want to see bold

science-fiction with a bit more depth girl much Blade Runner or rival Star Wars has always been simplistic and dumb

Watching bad movies eschewed your opinion

This is actually a really interesting point I've often thought about myself

Of course after watching hundreds of hours of the absolute worst

Garbage that is being released a film like the last Jedi may seem more impressive compared to someone who has never seen

laser blast however

I would argue that knowing the absolute worst like the back of your hand

Actually makes you appreciate the good in a different way yeah perhaps. I am slightly more lenient

You could make that case, but I do see more than just what I talk about on my channel

so this is a somewhat simplified outlook I

Can just imagine I HEA head shooting bread at people

Wait why is this in here you know in the video now?

For more infomation >> I'M SO DONE - The Last Jedi Comment Comeback - Duration: 19:13.

-------------------------------------------

What makes this Super Blue Blood Moon so rare? - Duration: 2:44.

For more infomation >> What makes this Super Blue Blood Moon so rare? - Duration: 2:44.

-------------------------------------------

(AT) 29.01.2018 Biely dom so Sarah Sanders - Duration: 18:37.

For more infomation >> (AT) 29.01.2018 Biely dom so Sarah Sanders - Duration: 18:37.

-------------------------------------------

Pietro schockiert: So viele Dinge brauchte Baby Alessio! - Duration: 3:05.

For more infomation >> Pietro schockiert: So viele Dinge brauchte Baby Alessio! - Duration: 3:05.

-------------------------------------------

Tony Rook Band "So Hard On Us" - Duration: 2:42.

(uptempo bluegrass music)

♪ Well you think that no one is on your side ♪

♪ And it feels like you're giving up your pride ♪

♪ Be patient and good things will come your way ♪

♪ And you'll see things different ♪

♪ Than you did yesterday

♪ Why must you make things so hard on yourself ♪

♪ Never tried to get along with anybody else ♪

♪ You'll take no advice from anyone ♪

♪ Or help in any way

♪ Why won't you listen to what I've got to say ♪

♪ Life is hard when you got no place to go ♪

♪ And everything you do is what you're told ♪

♪ Always knowing what it's like to be alone ♪

♪ Trapped inside someone's decision ♪

♪ Without any of your own

♪ Why must you make things so hard on yourself ♪

♪ You never try to get along with anybody else ♪

♪ You'll take no advice from anyone ♪

♪ Or help in any way

♪ Why won't you listen to what I've got to say ♪

♪ It takes time to grow beyond the point ♪

♪ Where pride exceeds your mind ♪

♪ Leavin' traces of memories

♪ When you knew all and you was blind ♪

♪ Why must you make things so hard on yourself ♪

♪ You never tried to get along with anybody else ♪

♪ You'll take no advice from anyone ♪

♪ Or help in any way

♪ Why won't listen to what I've got to say ♪

For more infomation >> Tony Rook Band "So Hard On Us" - Duration: 2:42.

-------------------------------------------

The 2018 Winter Olympics Will Be So Cold That Organizers Are Giving Out Heating Pads and Blankets - Duration: 7:19.

The 2018 Winter Olympics Will Be So Cold That Organizers Are Giving Out Heating Pads and Blankets

As South Korea gears up for the 2018 Winter Olympics, organizers of the event are concerned about the cold weather on its way to PyeongChang.

While the previous two Winter Olympics drew complaints for being too warm, this year's Olympic games may set a record for being the coldest since the 1994 Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway.

This year's Olympic events will be held in venues across several locations in northeastern South Korea, including the mountainous region of PyeongChang, the coastal area of Gangneung and the town Jeongseon.

But Olympic organizers are particularly worried about the opening ceremony, which will kick off the Olympic games on Feb.

9 in PyeongChang.

Located at a higher latitude than the other Olympic venue sites, PyeongChang draws cold so severe that six people who attended a concert in the city's Olympic stadium last month reported getting hypothermia, according to the Associated Press.

About 35,000 spectators are expected to fill the same stadium for the Olympic opening ceremony, AP reports, where the wind chill is predicted to be about 7 degrees Fahrenheit.

Here's what you need to know about how cold it will be during the Winter Olympics.

How cold will it be in PyeongChang?.

Temperatures in PyeongChang — one of the coldest regions in South Korea and where the Olympics opening ceremony will be held — could hover around 7 degrees Fahrenheit with the wind chill.

At nearly a half mile above sea level, PyeongChang is also known for biting winds that come in from the Manchurian Plain and Siberia, according to the Associated Press.

"The only thing foreigners can do is the same thing locals do: bundle up," Nam Sun-woo, a fishmonger from the area, told the AP.

"Not many outsiders understand how cold it gets here.

It's not like where they're from.

This kind of cold is completely different.".

Why will the Olympic opening ceremonies stadium be so cold?.

The $58 million PyeongChang Olympic Stadium where the Olympic opening and closing ceremonies will take place was built without a roof as part of time-saving measures and does not have central heating because it's too expensive, Reuters reports, citing an internal document from the Olympic organizing committee.

The Winter Olympics will use the main stadium only for the opening and closing ceremonies, and none of the competitive events will take place there.

How are Olympic organizers trying to keep spectators warm?.

Olympic organizers have come up with several ways to try to keep people in the PyeongChang Olympic Stadium warm.

Each spectator will receive heating pads, a blanket and a raincoat, according to the AP.

Although there won't be central heating, officials plan to put up polycarbonate walls along the highest points of the stadium to block winds and provide portable gas heaters between rows.

People can also buy hot drinks and food in the stadium.

Will it be the the coldest Olympics ever?.

The temperatures predicted to hit PyeongChang in February are lower than temperatures recorded during the 1994 Lillehammer Games in Norway, which has the record for the coldest Olympics thus far, at negative 11 degrees Celsius, or about 12 degrees Fahrenheit, Reuters reports.

It's possible that the 2018 Winter Olympics could set a new record.

But it's not the first recent Winter Olympics to have weather issues — the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver and the 2014 Games in Sochi became famous for not being cold enough during their respective games.

Temperatures were above freezing during the competitions, causing snow to melt.

In Vancouver, organizers blanketed empty ski slopes with bales of straw obscured by a mixture of artificial and real snow.

Organizers in Sochi had to store snow away in order to have enough for the Games.

How will athletes keep warm?.

Team USA athletes will be fitted in special uniforms to stay warm during the Olympic opening ceremony.

Polo Ralph Lauren, the official outfitter for the 2018 teams, will provide heated parkas that get power from a separate battery pack.

The rest of the very American-themed uniforms will consist of blue jeans, brown mountain boots with red laces, navy bandanas, suede gloves and beanie hats.

For more infomation >> The 2018 Winter Olympics Will Be So Cold That Organizers Are Giving Out Heating Pads and Blankets - Duration: 7:19.

-------------------------------------------

So ungesund sind Fruchtsäfte - Duration: 2:27.

For more infomation >> So ungesund sind Fruchtsäfte - Duration: 2:27.

-------------------------------------------

Citroën DS3 1.2 PURETECH SO CHIC ( Navigatie - Climate Control) - Duration: 0:54.

For more infomation >> Citroën DS3 1.2 PURETECH SO CHIC ( Navigatie - Climate Control) - Duration: 0:54.

-------------------------------------------

Turmoil & Triumph - Swords into Plowshares - So Close - Duration: 0:57.

LAFEBER: Shultz at several points

was willing to compromise S.D.I. in

order to get other things.

But once Reagan took the position that S.D.I. was not

negotiable, that it could not stay simply in the

laboratory but it had to be tested outside the

laboratory, Shultz went right down the line

with Reagan.

Shultz knew that this was not sort of the Reagan

of caricatures.

That Reagan had thought about these issues and that

he was deeply committed to S.D.I.

Shultz was not going to resign over an issue like

that, even if some kind of agreement with the

Soviet Union was as close as it was at Reykjavik.

NARRATOR: It has all come down to one word and Reagan,

at last, will not agree to it.

The president says, "Come on, George."

Reagan and his secretary of state get to their feet and

the Reykjavik Summit is over.

They have come so close to accomplishing a

diplomatic miracle.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét