Thứ Sáu, 29 tháng 6, 2018

Youtube daily US Jun 29 2018

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will reportedly visit Pyongyang next week...

to push forward the Trump administration's efforts to denuclearize the regime.

Citing unnamed U.S. officials,... the Financial Times says Pompeo has cancelled a planned

July 6th meeting with his Indian counterpart in Washington... in order to fly to Pyongyang.

The officials added that the joint declaration signed by the two leaders on June 12th,...

stipulated that Pompeo would hold "follow-on" talks with an unnamed senior North Korean

official "at the earliest possible date",... but had given no timeline.

The visit will be the first senior-level meeting between the two sides since that historic

summit in Singapore.

For more infomation >> U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to visit North Korea next week: report - Duration: 0:46.

-------------------------------------------

NF - How Could You Leave Us [Nightcore] (Lyrics) - Duration: 4:54.

How could you leave so unexpected?

We waited, we waited For you, but you just left us

We needed you, I needed you

Yo, I don't know what it's like to be addicted to pills

But I do know what it's like to be a witness, it kills

Mama told me she loved me, I'm thinkin' this isn't real

I think of you when I get a whiff of that cigarette smell, yeah

Welcome to the bottom of hell They say pain is a prison, let me out of my cell

You say you proud of me, but you don't know

me that well Sit in my room, tears running down my face

and I yell Into my pillowcases, you say you coming to

get us Then call 'em a minute later just to tell

us you not, I'm humiliated I'm in a room with a parent that I don't barely

know Some lady in the corner watching us while

she's taking notes I don't get it mom, don't you want to watch

your babies grow?

I guess pills are more important, all you have to say is "no"

But you won't do it, will you?

You gon' keep popping, 'til those pills kill you

I know you're gone, but I can still feel you

Why would you leave us?

Why would you leave us?

How could you leave us here?

How could you leave us?

Why would you leave us?

Oh

Hey

I got this picture in my room and it kills me

But I don't need a picture of my mom, I need the real thing

Now a relationship is something we won't ever have, but why do I feel like I lost something

that I never had?

You should have been there when I graduated Told me you loved me and congratulations,

instead you left us at the window waitin' Where you at mom?

We're too young to understand, where you at, huh?

Yeah, I know them drugs have got you held captive

I can see it in your eyes, they got your mind captured

Some say it's fun to get the high, but I am not laughin'

And what you don't realize and what you not graspin'

That I was nothing but a kid, who couldn't understand it

I ain't gon' say that I forgive you 'cause it hasn't happened

I thought that maybe I'd feel better as time passes

If you really cared for me, then where you at then?

Why would you leave us?

Why would you leave us?

How could you leave us here?

How could you leave us?

Why would you leave us?

Oh

Hey

Our last conversation, you and I sat in the

living room Talkin' 'bout my music and I brought you some

to listen to You started cryin', telling me "this isn't

you" A couple weeks later, guess you were singin'

a different tune You took them pills for the last time, didn't

you?

They took you from us once, I guess they came back to finish you

Cryin' my eyes out in the studio is difficult Music is the only place that I can go to speak

to you It took everything inside of me, not to scream

at your funeral Sittin' in my chair, that person talkin' was

pitiful I wish you were here, mama, but every time

I picture you All I feel is pain, I hate the way I remember

you They found you on the floor, I could tell

you felt hollow Gave everything you had, plus your life to

them pill bottles You gave everything you had, plus your life

to them pill bottles Don't know if you hear me or not, but if you're

still watching, ma

Why would you leave us?

Why would you leave us?

How could you leave us here?

How could you leave us?

Why would you leave us?

Oh

Hey

Sometimes I think about like Sometimes I think about things like,

you know

When I'd have kids, I'm like You won't be there, you know?

You won't be there for any of that

And I'll never get to see you again

Sometimes I wish I would've just called you I wish I would have just picked up the phone

Wish you were here I mean you should of been there for us

You should have been here!

Them pills got you, right?

Them pills got you, right?

I wish you were here…

For more infomation >> NF - How Could You Leave Us [Nightcore] (Lyrics) - Duration: 4:54.

-------------------------------------------

UN Command and U.S. Forces Korea Command open their new headquarters at Camp Humphreys - Duration: 3:54.

Here in South Korea, United Nations Command... and U.S. Forces Korea have a new headquarters.

They'll be leaving the base they've used for decades in central Seoul... and relocating

to Camp Humphreys... south of the capital in Pyeongtae, Gyeonggi-do Province.

Our Park Ji-won was at the new headquarters' opening ceremony this morning.

The UN Command and U.S. Forces Korea held a ceremony Friday morning to officially open

their new headquarters at Camp Humphreys in Pyeongtaek, Gyeonggi-do Province,.... some

70 kilometers south of Seoul.

Hundreds of key military officials,... including South Korea's defense minister Song Young-moo

and the Commander of UN Command and U.S. Forces Korea General Vincent Brooks,... attended

the ceremony.

"The current turning point on the Korean peninsula is the result of the ROK-U.S. alliance,...

a win without fighting,... through overcoming lots of difficulties.

In this new era, troops of the UN Command and U.S. Forces Korea stationed in Pyeongtaek

will assume new missions that contribute to the peace and stability of the Korean peninsula

and the world, as a stabilizing presence in Northeast Asia."

"Today marks a historic milestone in the history of the United Nations Command which began

in 1950, and the history of the ROK-U.S. alliance.(...)

The UNC continues to be the home for the international commitment with the mandate to restore peace

and security in the defense of the Republic of Korea.

USFK will remain the living proof of the American commitment to the alliance."

General Brooks also expressed gratitude towards the South Korean government's financial contributions

in building the complex.

"This was a project that cost nearly 10.8 billion US dollars to build over 10 years.

The Republic of Korea's investment was over 90 percent of the cost, and for that 90 percent,

the United States remains with you 100 percent."

South Korean President Moon Jae-in also sent a congratulatory message,... read out by his

security aide Lee Sang-chul during the ceremony.

In the message, President Moon stressed the ROK-U.S. alliance has been the foundation

of not only the peace and stability of the Korean peninsula,... but also the democratization

and economic development of South Korea,... and he hoped that the ROK-U.S. alliance becomes

a 'great' alliance,... beyond the current military and comprehensive alliance.

The new base covers over 14 square kilometers, or some 3560 acres.

When complete,... it will contain military facilities, schools, hospitals and even golf

courses.

"This is the largest overseas U.S. base in the world, currently accommodating some 23

thousand people, including U.S. military officials and their families,.. and the base is expected

to grow to some 43 thousand people by 2022."

With the relocation,.. the United Nations Command and U.S. Forces Korea are leaving

Yongsan,... their home for the past six decades,... and plan to complete their move to Camp Humphreys,...

by the end of this year.

Meanwhile, the ROK-US Combined Forces Command will relocate to a building inside South Korea's

defense ministry in central Seoul by the end of the year.

Park Ji-won, Arirang News, Pyeongtaek.

For more infomation >> UN Command and U.S. Forces Korea Command open their new headquarters at Camp Humphreys - Duration: 3:54.

-------------------------------------------

More Than 600 People Around The US Charged For Taking Part In Healthcare Fraud - Duration: 1:10.

For more infomation >> More Than 600 People Around The US Charged For Taking Part In Healthcare Fraud - Duration: 1:10.

-------------------------------------------

'Toys R Us' is going out of business - Duration: 1:33.

For more infomation >> 'Toys R Us' is going out of business - Duration: 1:33.

-------------------------------------------

IT'S HUGE! US Church Has Voted Unanimously To Support BDS! - Duration: 3:20.

For more infomation >> IT'S HUGE! US Church Has Voted Unanimously To Support BDS! - Duration: 3:20.

-------------------------------------------

KY's Hepatitis A Outbreak Worst in U.S. - Duration: 0:34.

For more infomation >> KY's Hepatitis A Outbreak Worst in U.S. - Duration: 0:34.

-------------------------------------------

The US's First Modern School Shooting Was In Carrie - Duration: 10:47.

Plug it up! Plug it up! Plug it up! Plug it up!

Hi, my name is Gabe and in this video I'll be looking into Carrie,

the 1970s version, you know, the good one.

Right up front, I'll mention that spoilers are ahead,

and that includes spoilers for those who've read the book,

and also those who've seen the remake or play.

The first Carrie film has major differences from these other versions,

differences that make it, in my opinion, best telling of the story.

In this video, I'd like to focus on the power behind that film, what made it is so impactful.

To me, this is the film's most impressive aspect.

Sit down!

So what made the original Carrie so impactful?

Other than the obvious, of course; its depiction of bullying and also its scares,

the latter of which includes the greatest jumpscare in the history of the movies.

I actually believe the most impactful aspect of Carrie lies underneath all this.

Here, at the film's deepest layer, I believe it is sensing into the future,

the writer and filmmakers tuned in to societal trends and trying to warn us where things were going.

Specifically, I believe that even though Carrie was released in 1976,

ie way before the US school shooting epidemic, the artists behind Carrie sensed it coming,

probably subconsciously but maybe not, and this story, in both book and movie form, was the result.

This may seem crazy, but many works of art have done similar things.

Like Network, which foresaw the sensationalist takeover of cable news decades before it actually happened,

I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to takethis anymore!

or M, which called out a society in transition, one that eventually transitioned into Nazi Germany,

and how about this amazing example:

fourteen years before the Titanic sunk, a book was published about the world's largest cruise ship,

named the Titan and considered unsinkable, hitting an iceberg and sinking in the Atlantic,

the majority of the passengers dying due to a lack of lifeboats on board.

The book is titled The Wreck of the Titan and after the Titanic sank,

people thought the author was clairvoyant, but he disagreed,

simply claiming that he was familiar with the shipbuilding and maritime trends of the day.

This phenomenon of art sensing into the future is actually common enough to have its own name:

the canary in the coal mine theory of the arts.

Coined by Kurt Vonnegut, this theory states that the purpose of artists, not entertainers but artists,

is to serve as society's canaries in the coal mine.

Specifically, because artists are so sensitive, they are more in tune and better able to tap into society's trends.

This means that when bad things are coming,

they sense them well before the rest of society has any idea anything negative is happening.

To me, Carrie clearly is this.

It's not a perfect premonition, since Carrie was a wonderful person before being pushed over the edge,

while school shooters almost always have issues from the beginning.

But even so, the similarities between Carrie and modern school shootings are uncanny.

To begin, lets simply look at the plot: a social outcast ostracized and bullied,

You eat shit!

in a school that either can't stop or exacerbates the bullying.

This isn't over. This isn't over by a long shot!

Said outcast is also abused at home, and has access to terrifying destructive power,

not literally with guns, but instead in the form of telekinesis.

This all builds to our outcast reaching the point where she loses all humanity and desires

nothing but revenge, not just against those who wronged her, but against everyone.

They're all gonna laugh at you!

And the result is a massacre, one eerily similar to school shootings,

the only real difference being there aren't any guns.

Carrie! Ahhhhh!!!!

Continuing at the plot level, Carrie's massacre ends with Carrie killing her mother,

similar to how school shooters often start by kill their parents,

and then the film ends with Carrie being taken by the devil,

much in the same way school shooters use suicide to end their evil deeds.

Even the scenes that don't play into this main plotline, the B, C, and D stories if you will,

still support the school shooting analogy, by showing the cluelessness of the administration,

Beeeaaauutiful!

the lack of effectiveness or even caring of authority,

We're all sorry about this incident Cassie.

It's Carrie!

the innocence of the victims,

I like it; I think it's teriffic.

Look at that, no ruffles at all.

the trauma of the survivors, and so on.

Several of Carrie's motifs play into this analogy as well.

For example, the appearance of blood is huge motif in this story,

it occurring only in moments of comfort and peace, much like a school should be.

Another motif is religious imagery,

with religious extremism dominating Carrie and also being a common motivator in mass shootings.

And then there's the camera work:

split diopter lenses,

voyeuristic and even chauvinistic shots,

Dutch angles,

all of which not only emphasize Carrie's ostracism, but also build to this famous shot

one that foreshadows the out-of-control nature of what is to come.

♪♪ But tonight there's only me. ♪♪

Of course, it is possible that these similarities are coincidental,

that Carrie has nothing to do with school shootings

and wasn't made from an even a sub-conscious connection to where society was going.

But when you consider that King's fourth novel, released three years after Carrie,

was literally about a school shooting,

It was a novel about a kid who goes to school one day

and shoots his Algebra teacher and holds his class hostage with a gun.

And he's got this whole backstory about his abusive father and a lot of teenage angst and a lot of problems.

and that he has done similar things in other works;

Gotta stay in better shape than this country. What the hell is happening to this country?

Can anybody tell me what the hell is going on?

Look at here: I read in one of your local papers,

right here on the front page. - Can you believe this guy?

- You got some old people - He's just getting warmed up.

eating dog food cause they can't afford

anything else. - You gonna vote for him John?

- Shame on America! - Shame on America!

I personally find the evidence for Carrie's connection to society to be overwhelming.

Finally, there is one aspect of Carrie I haven't mentioned yet,

even though it is actually the most important aspect outside Carrie herself:

Sue.

For Sue is the artist within this world;

she's the one who sensed something wrong and tried to do something,

putting herself out there to make the world better for others, Carrie in particular.

She's also the one no one but her boyfriend listened to. And as a result, tragedy happened.

Tragedy that could have been prevented, had people listened to Sue, understood what she was doing.

Just don't try.

Fine, I won't try.

Wait a second! It's not fine.

Listened instead of suspecting ulterior motives, or dismissing her as crazy.

For in doing so, they ignored the canary in the coal mine of their society,

and the result was not pretty.

And so, in the end, what we should take away from Carrie is simple.

Of course, there's the whole don't bully aspect,

the importance of accepting others and not abusing or ostracizing.

But more powerful than this is the idea that we should listen to artists,

Somebody open this door!

to understand what they are aware of that the rest of society isn't.

Society needs to listen to artists, whether they be Sue,

Stephen King,

or anyone else in tune with the world and with something to say.

Soon, all we will have is each other.

And that could be enough, if you will let us have room enough, and air enough, and peace enough,

to love each other as you never could.

It's beautiful.

We can listen, or we can be Chris,

or Norma,

or Mr Fromm and Principal Morton,

or even Miss Collins, who despite being a protagonist

was too focused on herself to understand what Sue was doing.

It's beautiful hair, you could just put it up a little, maybe add a little curl.

What do you think?

Yeah!

We can be like these people or we can be better, we can listen and understand,

become aware of what's really going on in our society.

And if we do, maybe we can prevent the next tragedy from happening,

because if we don't, we definitely will be massacred, as shown in Carrie.

For more infomation >> The US's First Modern School Shooting Was In Carrie - Duration: 10:47.

-------------------------------------------

US Seeks to Install $1B Missile Defense Radar in Hawaii - Duration: 0:58.

For more infomation >> US Seeks to Install $1B Missile Defense Radar in Hawaii - Duration: 0:58.

-------------------------------------------

The New S60 and US Factory Inauguration 2018 • 60fps Limitless Quality - Duration: 4:04.

[Music]

[Music]

[Music]

[Music]

ladies and gentlemen please welcome poor

councilman song president and CEO Volvo

car group

[Applause]

is really a historical milestone for our

company today I would officially declare

the rich will plant open for business

[Music]

they are looking great and who better to

reveal in u.s. 60 than the people who

build a car to me Volvo coming to

Charleston is growth for our community

so on behalf of the C shop I want to say

thank as a father of two small children

I'm very proud to work for Volvo cars

building cars safer for our roads and a

cleaner environment for our future

generations to me the importance of

Volvo coming to Charleston is the

diversity that's been brought to this

area this is a moment that I'm truly

proud of and something that I'll

remember for the rest of my life and now

we'd like to show you guys what we've

built

we are delighted to call South Carolina

the home of Volvo the combination of

Sweden and America and South Carolina is

as strong as it gets

[Applause]

[Music]

I'm very glad that with today you have

come to the point where we can

inaugurate finally a factory in the US

because this makes Volvo a truly global

company and we will now have a strong

foundation for our further growth

[Music]

For more infomation >> The New S60 and US Factory Inauguration 2018 • 60fps Limitless Quality - Duration: 4:04.

-------------------------------------------

Last Remaining Toys 'R' Us Stores To Close Friday - Duration: 1:00.

For more infomation >> Last Remaining Toys 'R' Us Stores To Close Friday - Duration: 1:00.

-------------------------------------------

Guinness opening a brewery in U.S. - Duration: 1:01.

For more infomation >> Guinness opening a brewery in U.S. - Duration: 1:01.

-------------------------------------------

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to visit Pyongyang next week: report - Duration: 1:40.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will reportedly fly over to Pyongyang next week.

Despite it coming later than first expected, the Trump administration is hoping it can

keep pressure on North Korea to speed up the denuclearization process.

Cha Sang-mi reports.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will reportedly visit North Korea next week, according to

the Financial Times.

Citing four unnamed U.S. officials,... the newspaper on Thursday said Pompeo has cancelled

a planned July 6th meeting with his Indian counterpart in Washington... in order to fly

to Pyongyang.

The officials added that the joint declaration signed by U.S. President Donald Trump and

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un on June 12th,... stipulated that Pompeo would hold "follow-on"

talks with an unnamed senior North Korean official "at the earliest possible date",...

but had given no timeline.

The visit will be the first senior-level meeting between the two sides since that historic

summit in Singapore.

The U.S. State Department wouldn't confirm the Financial Times' report.

Pompeo traveled to North Korea twice before the Singapore summit, the most recent in May,

when he returned to the U.S. with three American hostages who had been detained in the North.

The report comes after Pompeo testified to the Senate Appropriations Committee on Wednesday,

where he stated that contacts with North Korea are ongoing,... with him in charge of the

communication.

Pompeo said he was sure the regime knows the scope of denuclearization the Trump administration

is calling for.

He had also confirmed that no remains of U.S. soldiers killed during the Korean War have

been handed over by the North, but said he was optimistic they will be "in the not too

distant future."

Cha Sang-mi, Arirang News.

For more infomation >> U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to visit Pyongyang next week: report - Duration: 1:40.

-------------------------------------------

CDC: Only 23% of US Adults Get Enough Exercise - Duration: 0:31.

For more infomation >> CDC: Only 23% of US Adults Get Enough Exercise - Duration: 0:31.

-------------------------------------------

S. Korean, U.S. defense chiefs reaffirm ironclad alliance and watertight consultations - Duration: 3:19.

And the top military officials from South Korea and the U.S. have shown their strong

alliance amid the shifting geopolitical landscape of the region.

The two agreed the Korean peninsula sits at a crucial diplomatic juncture as talks continue

on bringing North Korea into the international fold.

Park Ji-won reports.

In their opening statement before their closed-door meeting,... the two defense chiefs reaffirmed

their steadfast and ironclad alliance,... vowing that they will continue (quote) "watertight"

consultations,... at a time when major changes are happening on the Korean peninsula.

"We're standing at a turning point between the dark shadow of conflict and confrontation

that hung over the Korean peninsula for the last 70 years, and the brighter new history

of peace and cooperation. This is a precious opportunity made by President Moon and U.S.

President Trump's vision and decisions. South Korea and the U. S. pledge their utmost effort

to ensure that this opportunity not only leads to the peace and prosperity of the Korean

Peninsula, but also Northeast Asia and the world."

They also confirmed the decision to suspend the Freedom Guardian exercise,... originally

scheduled for this August. Mattis said the suspension of the joint military

exercises will create a better environment for diplomats to negotiate with the North.

"The recent decision to suspend the Freedom Guardian exercise creates an increased opportunity

for our diplomats to negotiate, increasing the prospects for a peaceful solution on the

Korean Peninsula. At the same time the U.S. and ROK forces remain united, vigilant and

ready to defend against any challenge."

The suspension of the Freedom Guardian exercise, however, doesn't mean that the two countries

will suspend all future military drills. Military sources told Arirang News that the

two defense chiefs agreed that the two countries will decide the timing, scope and scale of

future joint military drills and announce the details together,... considering the North's

progress in denuclearization and the military's combat readiness.

Mattis also stressed that the U.S. will maintain its current troop levels on the Peninsula.

"U.S. commitment to the Republic of Korea remains ironclad and the U.S. will continue

to use a full range of diplomatic and military capabilities to uphold this commitment. This

includes maintaining the current the U.S. force levels on the Korean peninsula."

The two leaders also shared a common view that international sanctions on the North

should remain in effect,.. until Pyongyang takes concrete and irreversible steps for

denuclearization. The two defense chiefs also briefly discussed

the transfer of wartime operational control to South Korea,... but didn't reveal many

details of those discussions. They stressed that this year marks the 65th

anniversary of the signing of the bilateral mutual defense treaty and 50 years of close

consultation through annual joint security consultative meetings,... and they vowed to

further strengthen the alliance,.. in pursuit of the shared goal of peace in the region.

Park Ji-won, Arirang News.

For more infomation >> S. Korean, U.S. defense chiefs reaffirm ironclad alliance and watertight consultations - Duration: 3:19.

-------------------------------------------

ตัวอย่างเกมส์ The Last of Us Part II 2018 (ซับไทย) - Duration: 7:38.

For more infomation >> ตัวอย่างเกมส์ The Last of Us Part II 2018 (ซับไทย) - Duration: 7:38.

-------------------------------------------

S. Korean, U.S. defense chiefs reaffirm ironclad alliance and watertight consultations - Duration: 3:22.

Our top story this morning... The defense chiefs of South Korea and the

United States have agreed the Korean peninsula sits at a crucial diplomatic juncture as talks

continue on bringing North Korea into the international fold.

The two were meeting in Seoul on Thursday for their third face-to-face following previous

sit-downs in Hawaii and Singapore earlier this year.

Park Ji-won reports.

In their opening statement before their closed-door meeting,... the two defense chiefs reaffirmed

their steadfast and ironclad alliance,... vowing that they will continue (quote) "watertight"

consultations,... at a time when major changes are happening on the Korean peninsula.

"We're standing at a turning point between the dark shadow of conflict and confrontation

that hung over the Korean peninsula for the last 70 years, and the brighter new history

of peace and cooperation. This is a precious opportunity made by President Moon and U.S.

President Trump's vision and decisions. South Korea and the U. S. pledge their utmost effort

to ensure that this opportunity not only leads to the peace and prosperity of the Korean

Peninsula, but also Northeast Asia and the world."

They also confirmed the decision to suspend the Freedom Guardian exercise,... originally

scheduled for this August. Mattis said the suspension of the joint military

exercises will create a better environment for diplomats to negotiate with the North.

"The recent decision to suspend the Freedom Guardian exercise creates an increased opportunity

for our diplomats to negotiate, increasing the prospects for a peaceful solution on the

Korean Peninsula. At the same time the U.S. and ROK forces remain united, vigilant and

ready to defend against any challenge."

The suspension of the Freedom Guardian exercise, however, doesn't mean that the two countries

will suspend all future military drills. Military sources told Arirang News that the

two defense chiefs agreed that the two countries will decide the timing, scope and scale of

future joint military drills and announce the details together,... considering the North's

progress in denuclearization and the military's combat readiness.

Mattis also stressed that the U.S. will maintain its current troop levels on the Peninsula.

"U.S. commitment to the Republic of Korea remains ironclad and the U.S. will continue

to use a full range of diplomatic and military capabilities to uphold this commitment. This

includes maintaining the current the U.S. force levels on the Korean peninsula."

The two leaders also shared a common view that international sanctions on the North

should remain in effect,.. until Pyongyang takes concrete and irreversible steps for

denuclearization. The two defense chiefs also briefly discussed

the transfer of wartime operational control to South Korea,... but didn't reveal many

details of those discussions. They stressed that this year marks the 65th

anniversary of the signing of the bilateral mutual defense treaty and 50 years of close

consultation through annual joint security consultative meetings,... and they vowed to

further strengthen the alliance,.. in pursuit of the shared goal of peace in the region.

Park Ji-won, Arirang News.

For more infomation >> S. Korean, U.S. defense chiefs reaffirm ironclad alliance and watertight consultations - Duration: 3:22.

-------------------------------------------

US Citizenship Test 2018 Free for everyone - Duration: 32:17.

What is the supreme law of the land

The Constitution

What does the constitution do

Set up the government

Defines the government

Protects basic rights of Americans

The idea of self-government is in the first three words of the Constitution

What are these words

We the People

What is an amendment

A change to the Constitution

An addition to the Constitution

What do we call the first ten amendments

The Constitution

The Bill of Rights

What is one right

Or freedom from the First Amendment

Speech

Religion

Assembly

Press

Petition the government

How many amendments does the Constitution have

27

What did the Declaration of Independence do

Announced our independence from Great Britain

Declared our independence

Great Britain

That the United States

It's free

From Great Britain

What are two rights in the Declaration of Independence

Life

Liberty

Pursuit of happiness

What is freedom of religion

You can practice any religion

Or not practice a religion

What is the economic system in the United States

Capitalist economy

Market economy

What is the rule of law

Everyone must follow the law

Leaders must obey the law

Government must obey the law no one is above the law

Name one branch or part of the government

Congress

Legislative

President

Executive

The court

Judicial

What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful

Checks and balances

Separation of powers

Who is in charge of the executive branch

The president

Who makes federal laws

Congress

Senate and House of Representatives

Us or national legislature

What are the two parts of the US Congress

The Senate and House of Representatives

How many u.s. senators are there

100

We elect a US senator for how many years

Fixed

Who is one of your State's US senators now

Answers will vary

District of Columbia residents and residents of US territories should answer the DC

Or the territory where the applicant lives

Has no US senators

The House of Representatives has how many voting members

435

We elect a US Representative for how many years

2

Name your US Representative

Answers will vary

Residents of territories with non-voting delegates or Resident Commissioners May provide the name

Name of that delegate or commissioner also acceptable is any statement that the territory has

No voting representatives in Congress

Who does the US senator represent

All people of the state

Why do some states have more Representatives than other states

Because of the States population

Because they have more people

Because some states have more people

We elect a president for how many years

4

In what month do we vote for president

November

What is the name of the president of the United States now

Donald J Trump

Donald Trump

Trump

The name of the Vice President of the United States now

Michael R Pence

Mike Pence

If the president can no longer serve

Who becomes president

The vice president

If both the president and the vice president can no longer serve

Who becomes president

The Speaker of the House

Who is the commander-in-chief of the military

The president

Who signs bills to become laws

The president

Who vetoes bills

The president

What does the president's cabinet do

Advises the president

What are two cabinet-level positions

Secretary of agriculture

Secretary of Commerce

Secretary of Defense Secretary of Education

Secretary of Energy

Secretary of Health and Human Services secretary

Sorry of Homeland Security Secretary of Housing and Urban Development

Secretary of the Interior

Secretary of Labor

Secretary of state Secretary of Transportation

Secretary of the Treasury

Secretary of Veterans Affairs

Attorney General

Vice president

What does the judicial branch do

Refuse laws

Explains laws resolves disputes disagreements

Decides if a law goes against the Constitution

What is the highest

Courtney United States

The Supreme Court

How many justices are on the Supreme Court

9

Who is the Chief Justice of the United States now

John Roberts John G Roberts jr.

Under our constitution

Some powers belong to the federal government

What is one power of the federal government

To print money

To declare war

To create an army

To make treaties

Under our constitution some powers belong to the states

What is one power of the state

Provide schooling and education provide protection

Police provide safety

Fire Department

Give a driver's license

Approve zoning and land-use

Who is the governor of your state now

Answers will vary District of Columbia residents should answer the DC

He does not have a governor

What is the capital of your state

Answers will vary District of Columbia

Residents should answer that DC is not a state that does not have a capital

Residents of US territories should name the capital of the territory

What are the two major political parties in the United States

Democratic and Republican

What political party of the president now

Republican Party

What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now

Paul D Ryan Paul Ryan

There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote

Describe one of them

Citizens 18 and older can vote you don't have to pay app

Poll tax to vote

Any citizen can vote women and men can vote

A male citizen of any race can vote

What is one responsibility that is only for United States

Citizens

Serve on a jury vote in a federal

Election 91

Right only for United States citizens

Vote in a federal election

Run for federal office

What are two rights of everyone living in the United States

Freedom of expression freedom of speech

Freedom of assembly freedom to petition the government

Freedom of religion the right to bear arms

What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance

The United States

The flag

What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen

Give up loyalty to other countries

Defend the Constitution and laws of the United States

Obey the laws of the United States

Serve in the US military if needed

Serve do important work for the nation if needed

Be loyal to the United States

How old do citizens have to be to vote for president

18 and older

What are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy

Boat

Join a political party

Help with a campaign

Join a Civic group

Join a community group

Give an elected official your opinion on an issue

Call senators and representatives

Publicly support or oppose an issue or policy

Run for office

Write to a newspaper when is the last day you can see

Send in federal income tax forms

April 15th

When must all men register for the Selective Service

At age 18 between 18 and 20

Hockey sticks

What is one reason Colonists came to America

Freedom political Liberty

Religious freedom Economic Opportunity

Practice their religion

Escape persecution

Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived

American Indians

Native Americans

What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves

African

People from Africa why did the colonists fight the British

Because of high taxes

Taxation without representation

Because the British army stayed in their houses

Boarding quartering

Because they didn't have self-government

Who wrote the Declaration of Independence

Thomas Jefferson

When was the Declaration of Independence adopted

July 4th 1776

There were 13 original states name three

New Hampshire

Massachusetts

Rhode Island

Connecticut

New York

New Jersey

Pennsylvania Delaware Maryland

Virginia

North Carolina

South Carolina

Georgia

What happened at the Constitutional Convention

The Constitution was written

The founding fathers wrote the Constitution

When was the Constitution written

1787

The Federalist Papers supported the passage of the US Constitution

Name one of the writers

James Madison

Alexander Hamilton John Jay

Publius

What is one thing Benjamin Franklin is famous for

Us diplomat

Oldest member of the Constitutional Convention

First Postmaster General of the United States

Writer of poor Richard's almanac

Started the first free libraries

Who is the father of our country

George Washington

Who was the first president

George Washington

What territory did the United States buy from France in 1803

The Louisiana Territory

Louisiana

One War fought by the United States in the 1800

Hundred

War of 1812

Mexican-American War

Civil War Spanish-American War

Name the US war between the North and the South

The Civil War

The war between the states

Name one problem that led to the Civil War

Slavery economic reasons

States right

What was one important thing that Abraham

Ham Lincoln did

Freed the slaves

Emancipation Proclamation

Dave

What preserves the union led the United States during the Civil War

What did the Emancipation Proclamation do

Freed the slaves

Freed slaves in the Confederacy

Freed slaves in the Confederate States

Freed slaves in most southern states

What did Susan B Anthony do

Fought for women's rights

Fought for civil rights

Name one War fought by the United States in the 1900s

World War II

World War II

Korean War

Vietnam War

Persian Gulf War

Who was president during World War 1

Woodrow Wilson

Who was president during the Great Depression and World War II

Franklin Roosevelt

Who did the United States fight in World War II

Japan Germany and Italy

Before he was president Eisenhower was a general

What war was he in

World War II

During the Cold War what was the main concern of the United States

Communism

What movement tried to end racial discrimination

Civil Rights Movement

What did

Martin Luther King jr. do

Fought for civil right

Worked for equality for all Americans

What major event happened on September 11th 2001 in the United

Red State

Terrorist attacks in the United States

Name one American Indian tribe in the United States

USCIS officers will be supplied with a list of federally recognized American Indian tribes

Cherokee

Navajo

2

Chippewa

Choctaw Pueblo

Apache Iroquois

Creek

Blackfeet Seminoles Cheyenne

Arawak Shawnee

Mohegan

Urine

Oneida

Lakota

Crow

Teton

Poopy

Inuit

Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States

Missouri River

Mississippi River

What ocean is on the west coast of the United States

Pacific Ocean

What ocean is on the East Coast

List of the United States

Atlantic Ocean

Name one US territory

Puerto Rico

US Virgin Islands

American Samoa

Northern Mariana Islands

Guam

Name one state that borders Canada

Maine

New Hampshire

Vermont

New York

Pennsylvania

Ohio Michigan Minnesota

North Dakota

Montana

Idaho

Washington Alaska

Name one state that borders Mexico

California Arizona

New Mexico

Texas

What is the capital of the United States

Washington DC

Where is the Statue of Liberty

New York Harbor

Liberty Island

Also acceptable are New Jersey

Near New York City

And on the Hudson River

Why does the flag have 13 stripes

Because there were 13 original colonies

Because the stripes represent the original colonies

Why does the flag have 50 stars

Because there is one star for each state because each star represent

State

Because there are 50 states

What is the name of the national anthem

The Star Spangled Banner

We celebrate Independence Day

July 4th

Name 2 national US holidays

New Year's Day

Martin Luther King jr. day Presidents Day

Memorial Day Independence Day

Labor Day

Columbus Day

Veterans Day

Thanksgiving

Christmas

For more infomation >> US Citizenship Test 2018 Free for everyone - Duration: 32:17.

-------------------------------------------

The Last Of Us || Swear To Me - Duration: 0:28.

♬ I'll stay here, the provider of that constant sting they call love ♬

♬ They call love ♬

♬ You will drain all you need to drain out of me ♬

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét