Thứ Sáu, 28 tháng 7, 2017

Youtube daily an Jul 28 2017

The Basic Field Training Course—the BFTC—is a monumental shift in how we used to do our

traditional training, which is we had separate training courses for each of the intelligence

analysts and the new agent trainees, or NATs.

And we have found that in order for us to be more successful in identifying and minimizing

the threats, we needed to have a combined team.

I think the integration is necessary because it helps each individual understand the other's

job role.

For example, the intelligence analyst can understand what the special agent is doing

with the information that we may be providing to the intelligence community.

And then similarly, when the special agent brings information in, you know, we're understanding

how they're bringing information in so intelligence analysts can get it out to the intelligence community.

And also, at the end of the day, build camaraderie between two very separate job roles that are

still very closely aligned within our organization.

In order to better prepare new intelligence analysts and new agent trainees, it is important

for each of them to understand the other's specific job role.

New agent trainees will learn analytic tradecraft standards, critical thinking, and threat analysis,

while new analyst trainees learn how to be effective interviewers and basic investigative process.

Both the agent population and the analytical population are both better prepared once they

arrive to a field office to work collaboratively because it starts at the foundational level

here at the Academy.

People who have different skill sets, who come from different backgrounds, will be more

able to accomplish the mission.

The one thing I think that Quantico does an excellent job of is bringing together a really

diverse pool of people who are really good at different things.

And then you put them in a situation that's somewhat artificial, and you rely on their

resolve and their ability—it's that kind of environment.

And it's an environment that lends itself to you finding those people that make you

better, where you're not naturally or through the work you've done to get there, were necessarily strong in.

For more infomation >> Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom - Duration: 2:24.

-------------------------------------------

ASL How to Reset your Shaw Digital Cable Box to fix an issue - Duration: 1:21.

In many cases if you have an issue on your Shaw Digital Cable Box, it can be easily fixed

with a quick reset.

This is done by disconnecting the cable box from it's power supply.

When power is restored, the cable box will automatically reset.

To reset your cable box, locate the box near your television.

Next, identify the power cable that connects the cable box to a wall plug or a power bar.

Disconnect the power cable and wait about 30 seconds.

You can confirm that the cable box has been unplugged if there are no lights visible on

the front.

Then plug the power cable back into it's original position and allow the box a couple of minutes

to reset.

Keep in mind, that if you reset the cable box while it is recording, the recording will

stop and after your reset the guide listings will show To Be Announced while it accesses

the latest information.

It will take up to an hour for the guide to show current listings and up to 24 hours to

see the channel listings for the next 2 weeks.

For more information and additional support please visit community.shaw.ca

For more infomation >> ASL How to Reset your Shaw Digital Cable Box to fix an issue - Duration: 1:21.

-------------------------------------------

Poles Won Again...An Epic Battle of Grunwald Re-enactment - Duration: 4:11.

"Battle of Grunwald" was one of the most important battles in Polish history

It made Poland one of the...

more important powers in this region of Poland, they finally conquered or won over Prussia and the German tribes

and we're now the leading people of all of this part of Europe

and every year here in Grunwald they do a reconstruction of the Battle, of that historic battle

"Władysław Jagiełło" got on his horse, and with prince Witold', rushed to inspect his army..

We're in the field...

This is a field report, field report with Arisa

July 15th every year they do this, they do this reconstruction

I'm very much impressed because I was expecting only to see a battle

kind of like people on both sides storming on each other, and then doing a little bit of fighting...

it's not like that at all

it's actually, it follows some sort of a plan of what actually happened

and it's quite interesting because they go through the whole history...

"Rumak" and "Jeździec" fell and along with them fell the polish banner

germans rejoiced...

and it all adds to the depth and the greatness of the victory, the Polish victory

just the amount of work that went into it

all the rehearsals, and the robes that they used.. is very impressive

there is a monument to the battle that commemorates the battle

that's pretty much all there is to see and other day, other than today July 15th

great day to be here

injured twice, he fell like an oak tree on the ground...

For more infomation >> Poles Won Again...An Epic Battle of Grunwald Re-enactment - Duration: 4:11.

-------------------------------------------

Tour a Vintage Trailer Inside an Art Loft - HGTV - Duration: 2:31.

For more infomation >> Tour a Vintage Trailer Inside an Art Loft - HGTV - Duration: 2:31.

-------------------------------------------

Nicolaus Fest zur Islamisierung an deutschen Schulen - Duration: 5:16.

For more infomation >> Nicolaus Fest zur Islamisierung an deutschen Schulen - Duration: 5:16.

-------------------------------------------

Weekend Movie Preview: Atomic Blonde, The Emoji Movie and An Inconvenient Sequel - Duration: 2:28.

For more infomation >> Weekend Movie Preview: Atomic Blonde, The Emoji Movie and An Inconvenient Sequel - Duration: 2:28.

-------------------------------------------

7 Things You Should Never Do On An Airplane - Duration: 5:56.

Whether you're an avid traveler or only take flights out of occasional necessity, there

are certain things that every airline passenger needs to know.

You can study the TSA website from top to bottom and actually tune in for the steward's

take-off instructions to prepare for your high-altitude journey.

But those guidelines probably don't tell you the nitty gritty about what you should avoid

during air travel.

Luckily, we've pulled together some expert advice to help you steer clear of germs, discomfort,

and inadvertent rudeness on your next airplane trip.

Here are seven things you should never do on an airplane.

Don't rub your nose

In case you haven't noticed, airports are loaded with hand sanitizing stations, and

for good reason.

Thousands upon thousands of people come through from all different walks of life and tote

along a host of differing germs right along with their carry-on luggage.

And while you might already be cautious about washing your hands after a bathroom visit

or before meals, the need for an extra hygiene routine is real when you're in a place as

diverse as an airport.

Experts caution that travellers should avoid touching their faces during air travel because

that's the surest way to introduce germs to your own body.

Dr. Gustavo Ferrer told The List, "Germs often spread when you rub or touch your face or

nose.

Resist the urge!

We transmit germs from around the nose and mouth by getting in contact with our own secretions."

Avoid the aisle seat

When it comes to choosing between the aisle or window seats on an airplane, there's more

than just personal preference and space needs at play.

While it might seem like the window seat would collect more germs, since people might tend

to lean their heads on the walls to rest during flights, the aisle seats may just be dirtier.

Dr. Jack Dybis told The List, "Aisle seats themselves get more exposure to germs from

the amount of people walking up and down the aisle.

You also put yourself into closer contact with more people by sitting on the aisle."

Steer clear of the bathroom

It's not always possible to control our natural body functions in flight, so if nature calls,

don't be afraid to use the airplane's restroom.

However, if it is within your power to save a restroom visit 'til after landing, it's

probably best to do so.

Dr. Dybis told the List, "Airline restrooms are teeming with germs, even more so than

a regular restroom.

This is because of the increased use and the cramped quarters."

Additionally, the airplane restroom should never be used for any, shall we say, recreational

activities, either.

"Playtime is over, children."

Don't go barefoot

It might be tempting to slip off your shoes during a long flight to get comfortable just

like you might at home, but this is a definite no-no.

Not only is it unsanitary to expose your feet to the well worn floors and potentially spread

germs yourself, but it's also just plain rude.

As Michael McGilligan, who manages the Hilton at Chicago's O'Hare Airport, told the List,

"If you're flying somewhere tropical and need your feet to breathe, wear flip flops.

Otherwise, the aircraft cabin is not your living room, nobody needs to see or smell

the black dress socks you've had on all day."

Your neighbor's nose will thank you for keeping your feet under wraps, and, hey, you can always

pack a pair of slippers to maximize your foot comfort without offending others in the process.

Don't sprawl out

It might seem like a no-brainer, but space is not unlimited when it comes to air travel,

especially in the economy class accommodations.

So, while you might need to get up and stretch your legs now and then to avoid cramping or

clotting, it's definitely not courteous to sprawl out beyond the small space of your

own seat.

Your feet, legs, arms or any other part of your body should not venture past the imaginary

line that is the outer edge of your armrest.

Aside from the common courtesy aspect, there's also a practical element to keeping your arms

and legs in your own seating area: If your limbs are dangling in the aisleways, flight

attendants might have trouble getting their refreshment carts through.

So, be kind, stay in your space, and definitely don't fall asleep on your neighbor's shoulder.

Don't fight with the flight crew

In recent months, several airliners have made headlines for treating their passengers very

unfairly and aggressively.

In those rare cases, customers may have been right to snap back at the stewards.

For the most part, though, passengers should not lose their cool when it comes to slighter

inconveniences like turning off your laptop during takeoff or being asked to check your

carry-on luggage when the overhead bins are full.

"I want my warm nuts … you call these warm nuts!?"

It's important to remember that while flight attendants may be there to help provide as

comfortable and enjoyable of a flight as possible, they are also there to ensure everyone has

a safe flight by enforcing the in-flight rules.

Don't ask to put your seat back

When it comes to in-flight courtesy, passengers should try to err on the side of being overly

considerate.

But there is one exception to that rule.

You don't need to ask your neighbor behind you if it's okay to lean your seat back.

Why?

Well, it's widely expected that passengers will use the lean-back option, especially

during lengthier flights, so it's not necessary to get permission.

That said, you should be considerate of who might be behind you if you do choose to lean

back.

As McGilligan told the list, "If there's a 6 foot tall guy behind you and leaning back

is going to put your seat on his knees, maybe just lean back an inch.

If there's a 4 foot tall kid behind you, feel free to lean it all the way back, but don't

complain about being kicked once or twice."

While you can likely file most of this advice under "common sense," keeping clean and showing

basic consideration during your flights can make a big difference between experiencing

a rough ride and enjoying some smooth air sailing.

Thanks for watching!

Click the List icon to subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Plus check out all this cool stuff we know you'll love, too!

For more infomation >> 7 Things You Should Never Do On An Airplane - Duration: 5:56.

-------------------------------------------

[Vietsub]Cả đội bóng chày ngộ độc bánh cảo chủ nhiệm An nấu-Thời đại thiếu niên của chúng ta tập 33 - Duration: 1:52.

For more infomation >> [Vietsub]Cả đội bóng chày ngộ độc bánh cảo chủ nhiệm An nấu-Thời đại thiếu niên của chúng ta tập 33 - Duration: 1:52.

-------------------------------------------

QLQ | An Introduction. - Duration: 2:26.

For more infomation >> QLQ | An Introduction. - Duration: 2:26.

-------------------------------------------

Korean swimmer An Se-Hyeon finishes 4th in women's 200m butterfly event at Worlds - Duration: 0:33.

South Korean swimmer An Se-Hyeon has done her country proud,... finishing in an impressive

fourth place,... in the women's 200 meter butterfly at the 2017 FINA World Championships

being held in Budapest.

Putting in the swim of her life,... Ahn's performance was the best-ever result by a

female Korean swimmer.

The 22-year old also broke the Korean record in the process,... and although she failed

to win a medal, Ahn also came close in the 100 meter butterfly,... finishing fifth.

For more infomation >> Korean swimmer An Se-Hyeon finishes 4th in women's 200m butterfly event at Worlds - Duration: 0:33.

-------------------------------------------

BAD BABY RARA AND IYANA MEET AN ALIEN - Duration: 5:19.

BECAUSE IM STRESSED OUT

RARA TOY FUN

UMM... It doesn't matter dear

Dr. Charles

Dr. Charles this guy is crazy I don't know what wrong with him

Now we have to clean up this floor

Is he ok

He's a crazy alien

Don't wake him up

I won't wake him up

What kind of snoring is that

I wonder were he's from

He left us gifts

We have candy too

BECAUSE IM STRESSED OUT!!!!

LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE BYE!!!!!

For more infomation >> BAD BABY RARA AND IYANA MEET AN ALIEN - Duration: 5:19.

-------------------------------------------

TRICKING - AN AWESOME ONE YEAR PROGRESSION - Duration: 8:39.

Dedicated to Kyle Potter

For more infomation >> TRICKING - AN AWESOME ONE YEAR PROGRESSION - Duration: 8:39.

-------------------------------------------

【Lộc Hàm –Địch Lệ Nhiệt Ba】(LUBA) Trọn Đời Bình An (Vietsub CC ) - Duration: 4:07.

For more infomation >> 【Lộc Hàm –Địch Lệ Nhiệt Ba】(LUBA) Trọn Đời Bình An (Vietsub CC ) - Duration: 4:07.

-------------------------------------------

"I Was Taught Homosexuality is an Abomination & Abortion a Sin" (Guest Vlogger Jelena) - Duration: 6:09.

Hi, my name is Jelena, and this is a vlog created for The Sydney Feminists

So I'm a Croatian YouTuber and I go by the name of Toffee Punk

So English is not my first language

Sorry for that!

In this video

I would like to talk about sex education and sex positivity

In some countries and among these countries is Croatia

So first I'm going to talk about how Croatian education system works

Then I'm going to talk a little bit about my experience

So first

You go to Kindergarten, but it's not mandatory

Then you go to Elementary school. There's

Four grades of Elementary school then Middle school

That's four grades also, and then you go to

Three to

five years of High school and

While enlisting in high school you choose subjects you're interested in

and then after high school you can take

standardized tests and

You can go to college.

Croatia is a country with eighty percent of Catholic population and

That's a huge amount for this small country

So right before enlisting in high school and also elementary school

(Yes, Elementary school.... I know it's crazy!)

You have to choose if you like to attend

Catholic

religion class or

Ethics.....and I don't have to mention that those kids that choose ethics are

highly stigmatized and bullied by their peers....

...oh, and I can already see the comments like,

'I attended ethics, but I've never been bullied!'

Oh!....newsflash!!!!

'Global warming is a myth because I was just cold!'

Also, 'world hunger is also a myth because I just ate!'

......Now if you're attending religion class you are taught that

Homosexuality is an abomination

Abortions are a sin and obviously you are taught abstinence-only sex education

Note that there is no separate subject called

'Sex education'......sex education and

sex positivity is still a huge taboo in Countries like Croatia

I mean, there's biology that teaches you about

periods, Body parts

contraception and such things but

We're talking about fourteen year olds ...you learn these things in the last

grade of Middle School and

Fourteen-Year-Old girls already got their period and

Probably were stigmatized

ashamed and scared of a normal bodily function

also, Croatia has one of the highest rates of

Underage teenage pregnancies

from around 1,000 girls

18 become pregnant

while still underage

Underage meaning under 18. -Now It's almost like abstinence-only sex education

Doesn't work......!

Okay, so let's talk about my experience and obviously I attended the religion class

and

From a very early age I was taught that

Homosexuality is an abomination

abortions are a sin and

I was taught abstinence-only sex education

also this teacher....

appreciated and

encouraged violent behavior and

also, victim-blamed. At around 7th grade,

I mean in Middle school, I was

Introduced to an internet community and feminism....and at first I was a little bit

....disgusted and

I wasn't so accepting of that, but soon I became more accepting and

noted that some of my

previous opinions were wrong.....two years after that I enrolled in high school and

I didn't choose any catholic schools or private schools

But I chose to attend religion class

Because I was afraid of being bullied. ...Now this teacher is a bit more accepting

and open to debate.... I'm 17 years old now and

honestly

Nothing changed from when I was in Elementary school

Also, there are some .... that would like to make religion class Mandatory

but when I grow up, (soon!) I would like to make an activist group to

make sex education

mandatory for at least Middle school kids or High school kids.

......Anyways, that's it for this video guys! Make sure you give it a big thumbs up! ....and remember kids,

Don't do drugs and protect yourself....Bye!!!

For more infomation >> "I Was Taught Homosexuality is an Abomination & Abortion a Sin" (Guest Vlogger Jelena) - Duration: 6:09.

-------------------------------------------

A Craftsman Style Laneway House | Lanefab | Charming Small House Design Ideas - Duration: 2:50.

A Craftsman Style Laneway House | Lanefab | Charming Small House Design Ideas

For more infomation >> A Craftsman Style Laneway House | Lanefab | Charming Small House Design Ideas - Duration: 2:50.

-------------------------------------------

4 Struggles of Creative People in an Uncreative World - Duration: 5:58.

15 Things Introverts Don't Do At Work That Makes Them Excel

Introverts are everywhere (one out of every two or three people you know). And they are

like icebergs. What you see on the surface is only a small percentage of their entire

selves. It's just that they don't usually help people to see the rest of them or the

strengths they bring to the work environment.

If you work with an introverted person, you're going to have to look for the substance underneath

to fully appreciate introverts have incredibly valuable input at work. Keep in mind that

introversion seems to increase with intelligence so that more than 75% of people with an IQ

above 160 are introverted.

In this video, I'm going to show you 15 things introverts don't do at work that makes them

excel. But before we start, make sure to like this video and subscribe our channel so you

won't miss any interesting updates in the future guys! Also, don't forget to check link

on the description below to see our interesting offer that might be useful for you.

So, here are fifteen things introverts don't do at work that gives them a marked edge to

excel in the workplace.

1. They don't speak before they think.

While most extroverts will interrupt you when you are trying to say something because they

can't wait for their turn to speak, introverts will take their time before opening their

mouth, quietly listening and reflecting in their head instead of thinking out loud.

Joe McHugh, vice president of executive services for the Edina, Minnesota, office of Right

Management Consultants explains: "Colleagues and bosses need to realize that introverts

often don't know what they think immediately, and that they need time to think things through

before coming to a conclusion." It's critical, Joe stresses, that you "circle back to introverts

after they've had some time to consider things."

2. They don't encourage endless small talk.

This is especially true when it comes to engaging with a raging extrovert because, let's be

honest, office small talk is a drain. It will put any introvert out of her element. Unlike

extroverts who are energized by such interactions, introverts are exhausted and or bored by them.

Introverts prefer much deeper conversations, ideally about philosophical ideas.

Sophia Dembling, author of The Introvert's Way: Living a Quiet Life in a Noisy World,

explains that it ultimately comes down to how a person receives (or doesn't receive)

energy from his or her surroundings.

3. They don't crave attention or the limelight.

The thing with introverts is that popularity contests aren't their thing. They do their

best work on their own and don't really like attention. This is in stark contrast

with what extroverts generally like. Extroverts tend to engage in boisterous, attention-seeking

behaviors and demonstrate great enthusiasm and assertiveness in a bid to gain external

recognition and or reward.

It's no wonder introverts are often overlooked for leadership roles, even though they make

the most thoughtful leaders when selected.

4. They don't sit all day at their desk, cursing the world and shunning daylight.

Just because introverts like to be alone and don't like small talk or being in the limelight

doesn't mean they are disheveled, anti-social misfits or loners. They don't sit all day

at their desk cursing the world and shunning daylight. Introverts sit quietly incubating

new ideas and executing plans for success.

They create brilliant works of art, launch start-ups, and lead major corporations. They

are happy to bring you along with them, just as long as you don't insist on introducing

a noisy crowd into their world.

5. They don't patronize those they lead or supervise.

The reason introverts do so well in leadership positions is because they thrive by listening

carefully, even to suggestions from below. It is second nature for introverted bosses

to listen, appreciate and validate great ideas, and highly unlikely for them to treat those

they lead condescendingly. Take Doug Conant, an introvert and former CEO of Campbell's

Soup, for example. Doug has been celebrated for writing more than 30,000 personalized

thank you notes to his employees. It's hard to imagine an extrovert doing that.

6. They generally don't evoke negative emotions in others.

Studies suggest that extroverts feel more positive emotions than introverts due in part

to the former's larger networks. However, it turns out, extroverts don't always cause

other people to feel those same positive emotions. In fact, studies of work groups show that

extroverts actually have slightly more difficult relationships with teammates and elicit more

negative emotions in others compared to introverts. Many extroverts, consequently, often start

out with higher status but lose it over time.

7. They don't mind networking as extroverts when necessary.

Many introverts are friendly and sociable. They are just as comfortable networking as

extroverts because their low-key demeanor is far removed from being shy. As author Susan

Cain reiterated in her 2012 TED Talk titled The Power of Introverts, "Shyness is about

fear of social judgment. Introversion is more about how do you respond to stimulation, including

social stimulation."

So there are many shy extroverts, who are hesitant and self-conscious when dealing with

new people, but love going to rock concerts. And there are also many sociable introverts

who will easily strike up a conversation with people at parties until it's time to retire

to their quieter, more laid-back and preferred environments.

8. They don't stay silent on topics they're passionate about.

The prevailing stereotype in many workplaces is that extroverts are charismatic and not

shy of speaking, while introverts are shy and never speak up. The truth, however, is

that introverts won't speak unless they have something important to say and or are

deeply passionate about a topic.

"Speaking is not an act of extroversion," observes Malcolm Gladwell, an introverted

writer who spends a lot of time on stage. "It has nothing to do with extroversion.

It's a performance, and many performers are hugely introverted."

Jennifer B. Kahnweiler, Ph.D, a certified speaking professional, concurs: "At least

half of people who speak for a living are introverted in nature," she says. "They

succeed on stage – just not in the chit-chat afterwards."

9. They don't act rashly.

Introverts have an attitude of observance, reflection and caution. They don't act rashly.

Instead, they pause before action and are characteristically sure and steady.

This pause, often mistaken for hesitation, gives them time to study and analyze situations

so that the actions taken make the most sense in the long run. In contrast, extroverts tend

to be more spontaneous and respond immediately, adapting as necessary after engagement. Acting

in haste is not necessarily bad, but it is often dangerous.

10. They don't support superficial office politics and gossip.

There are a many shallow people in our workplaces. These people knowingly or unknowingly prefer

to keep things light and superficial. If you are not careful, you can easily get swept

away by their endless chitchat, politics and gossip.

Fortunately for introverts, they naturally don't enjoy small talk or empty chitchat

that has no real substance, and that doesn't go beyond the surface. Introverts just won't

give gossip the time of day, and discussing other people's business with everyone truly

isn't in their DNA.

11. They don't feel bored working long hours.

Introverts have an impressive ability to focus deeply on one activity. They actually enjoy

(and thrive) working long hours by themselves in environments that are quiet and peaceful.

By contrast, extroverts dread being alone for extended periods of time and easily get

bored doing one thing for too long. That being said, introverts are distracted and sometimes

overwhelmed by crowds in loud, open office spaces.

12. They don't mind taking on solo projects.

While extroverts love working in groups or teams and dread solo projects, introverts

work well on one-to-one relationships and are naturally drawn to more creative, detail-oriented

solo careers that allows them to "dive in" with few interruptions.

The latter's ability to focus deeply on a subject and work long hours by themselves

make them perfectly suited for certain professions, such as researchers, behind-the-scenes tech

workers, in-the-field natural scientists and writers.

13. They don't appreciate interruptions when working.

Introverts don't like being interrupted until work is finished because it causes

them to abandon focus or thought on the current project. Besides, most interruption by friends

requires a certain level of small talk that introverts avoid.

Introverts will actually screen phone calls and let calls go to voicemail so they can

return them later when they have the time and energy to dedicate to the conversation.

On the other hand, many extroverts secretly enjoy being interrupted occasionally by colleagues

and friends after working on one thing for an extended period of time because it breaks

the silence and dispels boredom.

14. They don't miss deadlines easily.

Tim Backes, career adviser at resumegenius.com, reveals that most introverts don't need

supervision.

That's because they are good at processing information and planning ahead. "As long

as goals and deadlines are understood, there's no need to hover over their shoulders and

micromanage," he says. "You'll get the most out of an introverted employee by giving

them clear expectations and a lot of space."

15. They don't hate people or colleagues.

Just because introverts are self-reflective and dislike being interrupted at work doesn't

mean they hate people.

Far from it; they just tend to do their best work on their own, prefer a few good friends

over many acquaintances, and need to be given air time as they typically will not demand

it.

Once you give them that and understand they are more reserved, you can establish a deep

and fulfilling personal and professional relationship with them. And you want to be friends with

introverts because, in a word, they are hard-wired for excellence in whatever field of specialty

they choose at work.

Well, that's the fifteen things introverts don't do at work. Really cool information

isn't it? Leave us a comment down below and let us know what your thought of this video.

Don't forget to give us account subs and watch other amazing videos on our channel. Thanks

for watching!

For more infomation >> 4 Struggles of Creative People in an Uncreative World - Duration: 5:58.

-------------------------------------------

3 Reasons I'm an Orthodox Christian - Duration: 6:43.

Hey everybody this is Steve, and a question I hear a lot is: why are you an Orthodox Christian?

After 4 years of making YouTube videos, I get this question from people of all sorts

of religious traditions, even from some atheists and agnostics who stumble upon our work.

I also get the same question from a lot of young Orthodox Christians who struggle with

doubt, and don't know whether they'll still be Orthodox when they get older.

I get it.

I've struggled with doubts.

I still struggle with doubts and difficulties.

Yet I'm still committed to being an Orthodox Christian.

So since I've heard the question so often, I think it's time I answer it.

So why am I an Orthodox Christian?

Well, after a lot of soul searching, I think I can narrow it down to 3 basic reasons:

Reason number one: because God is real.

I wouldn't be an Orthodox Christian if I didn't think God is real.

And, to be honest, for a long time, I really wasn't sure.

As I got older, moving from middle school to high school, I began to realize that I

wasn't sure whether God was really there or not.

I'd go to Sunday School and youth group, attend all the programs and events.

I even taught Sunday School my last two years of high school.

Yet, I really wasn't sure whether God was anything more than an idea, a story we tell

ourselves to make sense of the world.

And that's why I stopped going to Church when I went to college.

Not because some secular university converted me, but because I was finally free to act

on the secret doubts that had been developing in my heart for so long.

All that changed during my junior year of college, after my dad died.

That remains the worst, the most awful thing that's ever happened to me.

Losing my dad remains the most painful thing I've ever experienced.

I was terrified that he was gone.

Not just dead, but literally gone.

Because, if there is no God, then there is no afterlife.

And my dad had, in the blink of an eye, ceased to be.

So with tears I cried out to a God I wasn't sure was really there, asking Him: if you're

real, if you're there, then please take care of my dad.

And I did this, day after day, for weeks.

Hearing no answer, talking into the void.

Asking, with no hope for an answer yet desperate for an answer.

And, the crazy thing is, I got an answer.

One day, in the midst of this prayer, it was as if an arm reached across me, to comfort me.

And it was as if a voice spoke to me, saying "no need to worry, your dad's ok."

It wasn't a literal arm, and it wasn't a literal voice.

Yet something happened in that moment.

Something so powerful that I still haven't quite figured it out.

Something so impactful that, it's the reason I'm here doing this.

In that moment, I realized that my prayer wasn't simply a monologue into the void.

Someone listened.

And someone cared enough to respond.

The second reason I'm an Orthodox Christian:

Christ is Risen

I'm an Orthodox Christian, not simply because God is real, but because the Son of God, the

Second Person of the Holy Trinity, became human.

Because Jesus Christ died with us so we can rise with Him.

And I realize that I know this, not because of theological arguments, but because I've

seen the power of Christ's resurrection firsthand.

Because I've seen the courage and determination with which people struggle to be patient,

kind, and loving.

The way that lives are truly transformed by Christ.

The way ordinary people become saints through their union with Jesus.

I saw it in the steadfast courage of my grandmother who, no matter how sick she got, no matter

how much it hurt, continued to offer praise to God; continued to call out to Him with

everything in her heart.

I saw it in the way, just a few years ago, 21 Coptic Orthodox Christians preferred to

die rather than deny Jesus, just as generations of Christian martyrs have been doing, from

St Stephen 2000 years ago, until the present day.

From those who fear neither fire nor sword, to those who are not afraid of sickness or

accidents, the one thing that gives all of these people courage in the face of death

is the fact that Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death.

They don't fear because they know, because they've already experienced a taste of the

Kingdom of God in this life.

And the third reason I'm an Orthodox Christian:

One Christian is No Christian

This is an ancient Christian saying that goes back to the writer Tertullian, who lived in

the late 2nd and early 3rd centuries.

Though it's just as true today as ever.

Christ invites us, together, to call God "our Father."

To be united to Him, the Son of God, so we can all become children of God.

Christians aren't born, we are made.

We're made in the presence of other Christians, in the waters of baptism.

And we most fully become ourselves when we assemble to worship with other Christians,

when we assemble as the Body of Christ, to receive the Body of Christ, and become the

Body of Christ.

That's the Divine Liturgy, our taste of the Kingdom of God.

We are all, from Adam and Eve in the past to Christians who will be born generations

from now, united as the worshiping Body of our lord, Jesus Christ.

One Church.

The same Church: yesterday, today, and forever.

And we preach what Christians have always been preaching, from the time of the Apostles,

creatively and courageously spreading the Gospel in the time and place in which God

has placed us.

That's why we at Y2AM do what we do, preaching the Gospel and helping to form new generations

of Christians, people who will love the Lord with all their heart, mind, and strength;

and who will love their neighbors as themselves.

So that, in a nutshell, is why I'm an Orthodox Christian.

I'd love to know why you're an Orthodox Christian.

Or, if you're not, why not.

Leave us a comment and let us know.

And, for all you young adults, we're developing a new podcast to give you a chance to share

your story.

Whether you're still connected to the Church or not, we'd love to hear from you.

Please email us at y2am@goarch.org if you'd like to be interviewed for the podcast.

Thanks for watching.

Please pray for us.

And remember to Be the Bee and Live Orthodoxy.

For more infomation >> 3 Reasons I'm an Orthodox Christian - Duration: 6:43.

-------------------------------------------

Trans Military Ban: An Ally Call Out Post - Duration: 7:03.

I wonder how many people I'm going to piss off with this video.

Disclaimer: I am an individual white trans guy who has never been in the military.

This is not meant to be an explanatory video.

There are sources in the description box to learn more about the issue.

And I'm going to be putting out an episode of Transmission soon with one or more trans veterans.

That will be the time for a more educated, nuanced discussion, but I had to make this

opinion video today because something has really been bugging me about this.

So yes, it sucks that a ban that was fought so hard to be lifted for so long and was finally

last year, has been taken away.

It sucks that 15,000 active military members are now in limbo possibly losing their jobs,

welfare, future, a huge part of their identity.

Especially considering how many came out after the ban was lifted last year and are now even

more vulnerable than they would've been.

It sucks that this is disproportionately going to be affecting people of color and people

from lower income backgrounds.

It sucks that it was announced by a draft dodging excuse for commander in chief when

actual military officials have repeatedly asked for this to be left to them.

It sucks that it was given the weak excuse of money when the US military spends more

than TEN times as much on erectile dysfunction treatment as it would on trans healthcare

every year.

It sucks that this sets a precedent for stripping trans people of our rights and humanity.

It sucks that this was announced on fucking twitter instead of a press conference or official

decree or anything except the same place our pathetic president goes to make up rumors

about other celebrities he doesn't like.

Trans troops have been put on the same level as COVFEFE.

It wasn't enough to dehumanize trans people by revoking this hard-won civil right, but

to tweet about it debases us so far as to be unworthy of an official statement.

And listen, I like many queer people have complicated feelings about the military, but

none of that is what's bugging me. Well, it is. Clearly. But! The main thing...

What has been particularly bugging me is the flood of performative allyship I saw yesterday.

I mean, can someone go check on the f--- Keebler Elves' tree? Because I'm pretty sure the U.S. ran out of cookies to hand out yesterday.

I am glad people care. I'm glad people are outraged.

I'm grateful for the messages of support I saw and received personally yesterday.

Trans people in the military deserve this attention.

But it's also frustrating to see some of those same people –not all of them– but

many of them turn around in a few days and misgender people in their lives, laugh at

transmisogynist jokes in the media, and forget this happened.

I saw these tweets from Trump and was a bit sad, a bit mad, but not shocked.

It was something that was on the horizon.

We've all known our rights are on a short lifeline ever since November 9th.

Why do you think so many people had rushed weddings after Election Day?

Why I legally changed my name before inauguration?

I lost count of the people I know who rushed starting hormones, got surgeries, and investigated

backup healthcare plans.

We're living every day in more fear of hate crimes.

Of the day when Trump tweets that our very existence is illegal.

I hope it never happens, but I've had visions of us literally being rounded

up door-to-door and hunted down – exactly like undocumented immigrants are right now.

This stuff is happening.

It's real.

This is the world we live in now.

So I wasn't shocked by the news yesterday.

And I am genuinely glad yesterday may have been a wake up call for some people.

But I hope that's what it was.

A genuine wake up call and not a single instance of performative allyship.

Accepting trans people is politically correct right now, but that doesn't mean the people

announcing their support know the first thing about what being trans means or what we go

through every day.

Did you know Trump's first anti-trans move in office was to revoke Title IX protections

that allows transgender kids to use the bathroom that matches their gender at school?

His very first trans-related act in office was taking away the rights of children. Specifically children.

That's all I needed to know about how things would go from there.

And where was shock then?

Where was the outrage?

Where were the Facebook fundraisers, the trending tags, the profile picture changes?

The calls for trans kids to feel safe and loved when they were actually attacked and

not on an issue that doesn't directly affect them right now?

Check in on me when another trans person is murdered in my town, not when a policy that

will never effect me is reinstated.

It goes without saying that I prefer weak performative allyship to people who are outright

transphobic and in support of banning us from the military and god knows what else.

But those people, I can't work with them.

I can't get through to them.

Those of you who say you're supporting trans people, you signed up for this so let me tell you

how it really is and how you can actually help us.

Angelo Dumlao wrote a great piece yesterday in response to all this on how to be a good ally.

I'll put that in the description box along with a couple other articles about allyship.

Bottom line, listen to us. And respect us.

Do you research.

Amplify trans voices, especially in moments like these be amplifying the voices of trans

veterans like Kristin Beck, Shane Ortega, and Jame Shupe.

Show your support more often than just when it's popular or you feel pressured to.

You can get educated and find out how to take action from place like GLAAD, ACLU, Lambda Legal, National

Center for Transgender Equality. Support them. And support smaller

organizations like Transgender American Veterans Association.

And in case it's not obvious, I'm not perfect either.

Knowing where to throw your support when everything needs it right now is tough.

I'm not asking for every person out there to be a perfect trans ally.

I just want you to really be one if you say you are and for people to know what it feels

like from the other side in moments like this – which honestly, is a good self-check for

myself when I throw support behind other marginalized groups that I have not done the work for.

We live in horrible times and we all need to work harder to do better.

And to people who reached out, I do truly appreciate that.

I'm not calling out any single person individually. It is more an entire trend I noticed.

It was very kind and as someone who sucks at keeping in touch with folks, I always enjoy

the chance to catch up.

I'm not exactly saying that you need to text me every time something bad happens for trans people

I just want all of us to think a little bit more deeply and consistently for things like this.

I know this was more intense video than usual so if you'd like to clear your head and

just have a laugh, I waffled watermelon yesterday.

It was gross.

So go laugh at me having an awful time.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to watch this and to think about it and explore

the other links that I shared with you. Let's grow together. See ya next time.

For more infomation >> Trans Military Ban: An Ally Call Out Post - Duration: 7:03.

-------------------------------------------

A Single Life | Short of the Week #036 - Duration: 1:41.

For more infomation >> A Single Life | Short of the Week #036 - Duration: 1:41.

-------------------------------------------

How I Became a Friend of an American Singer - Duration: 11:33.

He's washing dishes now.

Where are we going today?

Where do you think?

Where do you wanna go?

We're going to Gas Works Park

We'll go there.

We will.

We're gunna have Vietnamese foods, but he is not sure if he'll like it,

so let's see how it is.

I knew Emma thanks to Sola.

Emma's family, who can't speak Korean, once came to Seoul for travel,

but Sola had to stay in the States,

so she contacted me cuz she needed someone to be a tour guide for them

I need someone who can do tour guide, so can you...

Emma gave me her CD has a present when I met her for the first time

I was interested in her cuz Sola had told me Emma was a great singer-songwriter,

and then I happened to listen to her songs for the first time.

And it was like...

Wow, that was...

It was spicier than expected.

No, it wasn't.

This is Fremont Bridge.

And it will open up when there's a huge ship passing by.

Seattle is famous for brewing beers,

and this is one of the famous breweries.

It's named Fremont Brewing, because this region is called Fremont.

You said this is your favorite place.

Yes.

What's the reason?

It has a really good tastes, first of all,

and the second reason is that,

in Korea, it's hard to get out and enjoy beer during the day like this,

even though there're some people who do that,

this place is exceptionally peaceful,

so when I'm here, I do feel that I'm actually in the US.

That's why I love it.

Is it delicious?

Delicious!

If you ask me what's my motivation to travel,

there was a time that it was music.

From 2nd grade in high school to college freshman time,

I was quite obsessed with Japanese anime music.

You know those famous stuff like,

Inuyasha bgm,

or The Girl Who Leapt Through Time bgm.

I was into that kinds of things.

So I was really into Japanese culture just because of...

Just because of that music, or my Otaku-ness.

That's why my first trip abroad was in Osaka and Kyoto.

And I was having this experience this again after Emma's music.

As a normal Korean guy, I got curious of the city called Seattle where this artist Emma grew up.

which was why I hurried up for this Seattle trip.

And during my trip in Seattle, I was having the exact feeling that I had listening to Emma's music.

There're numerous things to say about how much I love this place,

because first of all,

This has a perfect view.

There's a dock over there.

And a skyscraper.

Space Needle.

Ships, yachts, and water sports.

And there's a nice bridge.

And people.

It'd be hard to make this view even if you planned to.

That's how amazing this view is.

And second, it's very spacious here.

The distances among people are quite long.

So you feel you're really relaxed here.

That's what I love.

And no noise, of course.

And that thing over there used to be a factory.

They utilized something not used anymore to make a nice park.

Impressive to see how they dealt with it.

I instantly realized it.

If I happen to live here,

like Han River in Seoul,

I'll be coming here like everyday.

Every single day.

Once a week.

That's how relaxing here is.

I had three things in my bucket list before I went to Seattle.

First, hiking in Mount Rainier.

And second, traveling Vancouver.

You'll see Vancouver video, too.

And the third,

watching Emma's performance.

This is Gas Works Park again.

I came here again to check the night view.

You know what's surprising about Seattle trip?

I saw a shooting star there for the first time in my life.

I couldn't take it cuz it's less than a sec.

It was falling like this on the sky.

For real, like, very clearly.

Do you know what's the most often said wishes to shooting stars?

What's number one?

It's "Oh!"

And number two,

"Please"

"Oh" was very funny.

I felt so many things after I knew Emma.

It's very cool that she follows her dream when she's still very young.

And she already made a nice album like this.

It's a little different field from mine, cuz I make videos,

but that's why it's more special.

And you see, it's all because I started making videos that I could meet these unique people.

So now I like it a little more.

My indentity as a video maker.

It's a personal story between me and Emma,

but I think this should have different meanings to all of you.

Emma is a total strange person to you living in a country over Pacific Ocean,

but I think it can mean something to you.

And that's why I had to make a clip about this story.

cuz it's different, unique, and special.

I think you know it already.

All the music used in this video are Emma's songs.

Please visit Emma's Soundcloud and take your time to check those out.

You'll find something new if you enjoy various kinds of music.

So thanks for enduring this long travel story again.

I'll see you on the next clip!

Just to let you know,

this is Emma's fan shirt.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét