Sup you beautiful bastards
Hope you're having a fantastic Friday welcome back to the Friday show those you that are new here Monday Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday
We talk about news we talk about world events and then Friday it is dedicated to the conversation
I go back through the past week of videos see what you're saying share that with the world and then reply back because while it's
Great to have a news show what the hell is the point unless we're actually having a conversation about things that said let's jump into
The Monday show Monday we had the h3 h3 controversy Elisha Daniel Bible ban and a st.
Louis cop that was acquitted and the reactions that followed on the h3 h3 n-word controversy : McKinney 24:42 Road
I feel like Idubz wasn't using it aggressively as a direct insult more of a free speech test
But PewDiePie was using it in an aggressive insult portray hate
I like PewDiePie and idubbbz both, but in this situation like philip defranco says context matters. Sorry on Elizabeth Road
I don't agree with anybody saying the n-word
I'm not black, so I'm not personally offended
But I still don't think anyone should say that especially people making fun with it like idubbbz I think that if you're black you can
Say it because well
You know it's not something people should be okay with saying in my opinion Brendan Spencer wrote as a black person
I see why people are offended by this
But I don't think anyone shouldn't be able to say the word more you try to censor the word the more power you give it
I don't speak for the rest of black people
But I know good and well that I'm not gonna let some six-letter word have control over me in my emotions
I am better than that and it would be for the best if others were the same so what I'll do here is kind of
Just explain where I personally
Stand on this story popping up for the last week or so it's given me time to kind of just think about it talk about
It with other people of differing opinion where I've ended on it. Is yeah. There are different situations there's different content
Let's look at three instances
We've seen in the past few years you Louie CK saying word and a stand-up special you have Bill Maher calling himself
one and you have Kramer
Screaming at at people good some people that were angry at all three saying all three were wrong he had a much larger group of
People angry about Maher and Kramer and of course the largest group of people were just angry at Kramer his situation
He was screaming the word at a group of black people he was angry at was hate. It was rape
In bill maher situation he was seen less as hateful and just stupid and ignorant using a racial slur and
Historical black suffering as a prop for a joke senator. I'm a house nigger
It's
Finally back to Louise's whole joke being about when you say the n-word you make me think what above the actual word
Edward that's just white people getting away with saying nigger. That's all that is
N-word, so it's a joke about how you by you trying to hide the word. You've actually you spread it
Even more you've done nothing to actually tidy it up clean it up
You've just you've just said code that is then transferred to the listener or readers brain
And they go oh that word for son the use of the word. It's a black and white situation other
They want to look at the shades of grey and as far as me personally
I mean if you've watched a show for a while
You know that if I was doing a quote like from Kanye West
I think we've done in the past on the show while reading a Kanye quote
I used to say the word and now I really would but for me. That's a personal choice
It's not I'm worried people are gonna get angry at me
It's just it doesn't add anything to the show and I actually kind of hate the word
That's just my personal opinion on it, then actually before we jump into Tuesday a few things one
thank you to everyone that one time of day is going to vote to Franco calm you putting out your daily tweet going to my
Tweets with hashtag DeFranco show for Sri
means you're retweeting those cuz those comments votes to it's actually by the way to make it a little bit of a game and a
Lot of you seem to love to torture me about my past so you get this tweet
Which is in the top of this description of this video the 40,000 plus retweets?
We will we will do another
Philip defranco watches old philip defranco cringe video if you want that there it is and also too
I want to thank the sponsor of today's Friday show DK Phil calm this year
We teamed up with draftkings again as a sponsorship, but also outside of that
I just love playing fantasy football side notes everyone that doesn't sports
Sorry for spamming you on Mondays and Thursdays and Sundays about my happiness and anger, but in addition to me loving draftkings personally
They're also a sponsor supporter of this show and today at DK Phil calm. They set up this awesome contest
It's for the first hundred people that get to win a free entry with the first time deposit of five dollars
And what's even more amazing if you do that before Sunday September 24th before 1 p.m.
Eastern get a free ticket to play free every week for the rest of the season so big
Thanks to them too. Everyone would be facing this weekend. I hope I destroy your face online everyone
I faced yesterday probably my worst week ever I lost to everyone but four people still up for K this season
But I'm have to look at my picks a little better. That said let's jump into the Tuesday show Tuesday
We had the Pepe the Frog copyright claim jennamarbles harassment situation the Seattle Nazi punching incident and Trump addressing the UN General Assembly
Pepe the Frog copyright claims story camera what I understand. This is very serious, and what no it
Isn't it a little funny that people are fighting over a meme frog? Yes, think about it
We are talking today about a meme frog and that's how we were talking about the difference between
Trademark and copyright and it brings up the question of it is making a meme or slightly
Repurposing all of a sudden transformative enough the answer your question. Yes, it's actually is extremely funny, but it is becoming more
I feel like at this standard laws are being tested and precedent is being made in the weirdest of situation
I mean, thanks to Pepe the Frog and us covering the story so many people realize now the difference between trademark and copyright
But now there is also the question of is memeing transformative
But also let just look back to the h3 h3 lawsuit
Situations think of how ridiculous that story is at a top level we saw legal precedent made
Thanks to a case about a guy who was angry?
that another guy was making fun of his park horse skills and his pickup lines on women in that situation somehow turned into the
Strengthening and the greater understanding of fair use and it brings me back to something
I've been saying for over a decade sometimes ironically other times not the
Internet's is serious business and the more money that gets thrown at the internet year-over-year
The less ironic that statement is policy idle Nazi punching story
CAMAC macro nazis wish death upon those who are not them actual death a financial crisis not jail time not even
Conversion they want extermination of those were different from don't care if this guy was a casual nazi or even a nice guy nazi who?
wanted to discuss I agree with hashtag punch a Nazi because a ko is pennies compared to what they will gladly see done to the
lgbtq+
Jewish and black people stand up for what's right shut down hate that kills people a lot of people are filled with hate and troll
online or get drunk at bars and pick fights
They're just dumb asses who lack empathy
But they can express that short person who is wearing the symbol of
Exterminating people because they aren't white and straight can't get punished by the law in America at least there are
civilians who see the problem and take care of the only thing that will work against the Nazi is violence because they exist in
Violence joel mcgee writing white supremacy of any kind should not be coddled margie lingo writing
Another person's point of view with violence is fascism these people are hypocrites somehow
They made the Nazi have the moral high ground at least he wasn't running around punching Jews once again
we had so many opinions on this I do want to hit on something that max person wearing the symbol of exterminating people because they
Aren't white and straight, that's Steven
I've been seeing more and more debate that that by even just showing that symbol of a swastika symbol for the Nazis the the
Perpetrators of genocide I've seen more and more arguments that should not be protect like we discussed last time
We've had different instances of someone just saying hey that person's a Nazi and that person getting punched in this situation
Where someone's actually wearing the swastika right? That's why I got comments like ones from rank or Palma who wrote different situation
He was wearing the armband so yeah
Fuck that guy dudes a traitor to all brave US soldiers who gave their all into everything America symbolizes
I point that out because I've seen more and more of an argument that by wearing that symbol that is essentially someone
shouting
I think that we should kill this person and essentially the argument is so that's not protected by free speech because that is a threat
I just love to know your opinion on that especially because I went looking at the comments it seemed that there were far fewer people
here that were
Sympathetic to the guy that got punched so you understand the question can assemble be a threat and obviously there are different layers of that
Question because we're talking about a swastika here, but in the past few years. We've even covered stories
Where emojis were used as evidence of a threat I mean we're talking felony charges
I'll leave you with that because I'd love to know your thoughts then we had the Wednesday show Wednesday
We had the d-bag Starbucks robber who is suing the guy who stopped him and fury ating video of Navy corpsman messing with someone's
baby the Lipscomb University dinner
controversy and the massive earthquake
In Mexico on the story about the two babies geeky gamer guy row being both a Navy veteran and a father both of these women
Need to be put underground REI laugh. That was the first time
I read that sentence didn't know how it was gonna end
How dare they take someone else's child and treat them like an unwanted toy car and feather them and burn them alive as a warning
To anyone else willing to disgrace the medical field you know I read that comment
And it's just like I really wish he ki gamer guy would let me know how he really feels
holy hell that said a
comments like these were not
Outline majority of people were furious many people pointing out that the baby could have been hurt here. This is a newborn export
How you handle the baby all incredibly important s just aside from generally?
Disgusting behavior from medical professionals there also a lot of health care professionals pointing something of it
I wasn't even aware of Rio Beadle writing those two Navy hospital staff are absolutely disgusted
They're literally breaking patient rights and HIPPA laws
Which should get them fired right there the fact the one girl had acrylic nails and was anywhere near newborn babies as disgusting
I don't know where they are from but in New York any health care
Professional no matter what profession you are in not have acrylic nails because of all the bacteria and nasty buildup that happens between the fake
Nail, and your real nail absolutely disgusting on a human level and on a health level
So I didn't even think it was possible
But this became an even more annoying disgusting situation and on the Lipscomb University
dinner disaster
Accardo Coleman era said when they mentioned Latino students were served taco as part of me wanted to say well tacos are a Mexican thing
Not all Oetzi knows are Mexican
But then a larger part of me says shut the fuck up everybody loves tacos the grinning Viking writing
It's races as f to serve Latinos tacos
And then serve soul food to black students particularly with no chairs and with added cotton centerpieces
that's just a lack of common sense Sun next thing we hear you'll have invited all the Asian students over for kung pao chicken and
Rice okay a few things cover here one on the note of everyone loves tacos not true
I mean, I personally do but you got to think about the variation Wednesday
I said just order pizza everyone loves pizza
and then people
Reminded me that yes some people put pineapple on pizza that became a whole different argument with a certain group of people also a more
Serious note I want to hit on on the idea that the Latino students were served tacos really we only have one person
Claiming that at least in the main story publicly that's not something I can confirm or deny happen at this poll that we had Julia
Beach writing I understand being offended by the Contin centerpieces, but isn't it the african-american students
I made it racist. I don't believe the president put it on the table to be racist
It's a very popular
decoration also millions of African slaves died in the sugar
plantations in South America is sugar racist - Harold Austin wrote
I am black while I personally would not get offended by this. I do see why others would though
I am of the opinion that you look forward without looking back unless something is
Unforgivably racist like what is the point of being offended?
but I am different from others of my color my grandmother got mad at me for going to the back of the bus once when
I was young I was like. Yeah, fuck this so if you given out free food mac and cheese no less
That's all me baby
I'm tearing that shit up and there are more and more comments and just seeing everyone from their different backgrounds and and their opinions on
This is it was very high open
But in general what it appeared like was most people thought at most what we were looking at here was ignorant
I mean as far as who was offended
I mean that people were all over the place on this story if you looked at the story on Huffington Post like all the top
Comments were essentially like Drive the man from the state elsewhere you saw people saying that this story was being blown out of proportion
It's not like we're gonna get everyone on the same page or solve this so just to everyone though sharing their opinion
Thank you, then there was the Thursday show Thursday
We talked about the five-year-old who made terroristic threats you
Gaming culture another
equifax blunder deaf man who was shot by police and the Catalonian independence vote crackdown on the story of the police shooting the deaf man
Jefe the Pope wrote the officer should be fired you always give a warning shot
Then you shoot it feeder legs to immobilize the suspect never shoot a vital organs and definitely not five rounds these officers are fully responsible
for this
Warning shots well in warning shots in general are a bad idea. It's not how the police are trained to use their weapons
They re trained to use their weapons as a way to stop a threat and secondly and once again
I'm not arguing that the cops are right in this situation or in any
Situation the argument that you never aim where there are vital organs you try and shoot like a leg no life is in a movie
They shoot at sensor men. Why because it is the largest target?
You're trying to stop a threat you want to make sure your bullet hits do something
I wanted to touch up then there was also a very valid question that a lot of people were asking even like Victor Torres writing
If one person had a Taser the other had a pistol
I the fuck would you shoot the pistol hazers aren't deadly and are effective this pisses me off at the constant use tasers more often?
What I would point out here is one tasers are less lethal you have killed
But the likelihood is obviously very very low and two I don't know it seems like a heat-of-the-moment
Sort of thing I coming at you people screaming either the officers don't communicate
I'm gonna try and taze them first there are instances where tasers aren't effective enough, and it doesn't stop someone from approaching
I don't know That's really a question only the officers involved good answer on the gaming culture story Emilia Holliday rope ewdiepie is not
Racist and Sweden the n-word is tossed around way more than in America were some other countries
I'm not saying that what he said was right and that I agree with what the word means when you grow up in a place
We're using the word is common and somewhat okay to say in public you might say. It's unavoidable one
I want to point out Emilia that I was not saying that PewDiePie is raised
I even said in the video that people online you know you have people that say the word because they're just trolling they're trying to
Mess with you get a big reaction of legitimately racist shitty people and then you have others where maybe you've been around it so much
It almost seems like a throwaway word and it becomes a part of someone's vocab you squishy cookie
I like that name wrote the online community in general is toxic
I disagree there are toxic people who exist in that space, but they exist in the same way as man-hating rabid feminists
They're a vocal minority, so squishy if I can use your first name. Let's talk about it
This way when when talking about online gaming let's let's consider it. Not as a group of individual
There's a group of instances if you're in a ten-minute deathmatch
And you have one or two people just spouting the most racist
Shit ever you view that as having a one to eight ratio if you're looking at individuals
Or you can look at that as just one toxic incident had a cake and not all of it
But part of it was parts of just shit you probably not want to eat that cake now granted
There are gonna be people that are fine with taking the times
You know just kind of chip away and not like their hands or mouth near the shit
I feel like you're in the clear if you want to call that cake shitty and also I want to know that pulling the one
Out of eight thing out of thin air that's not like a specific
Statistic and if anything I'm really glad you brought this point up because it kind of helped me flesh out how I feel about that
New although it's whisper out in my opinion offensive language can add to an online gaming experience
It does depend on the game in a situation, but I've enjoyed salt from both sides
There is something really satisfying when you get a kill that makes someone on the other team lose their shit on the other hand it
Can be cathartic to yell?
/type terrible shit to someone who just pulled off a really nasty play against you so that actually kind of hits on another great point
the the amount of toxicity
There is a range based also on the game not all communities are made the same secondly
I did say yesterday that I often mute everyone that's not on my friends list, but there is something
Oh like when you're playing rocket League and someone's just talking incredible
Horrible shit at you, and then you just beat them, and then as soon as the game's over. They just immediately leave
It's just I feel so good at the same time. It's important to realize our experiences aren't everyone else's experience at least
That's my take away from it and actually that's the note. We're gonna end on today guys
I just want to thank you for another fantastic week. Thank you for being a part of this
I'm directing that at all levels whether you just watch and you're also comments and your liking your sharing
Maybe you're part of DeFranco elite
You're helping fund what we're doing maybe one of the people going to vote DeFranco comm try and make sure that we win best show
With a year this year, whatever it is for you. Thank you so much
That said let's end it like always my name's philip defranco. You've just been phill'd in I
Love yo faces, and i'll see you next time
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét