Thứ Sáu, 22 tháng 9, 2017

Youtube daily we Sep 22 2017

(light piano music)

[Amalia Rioja] MPC is important to the Chicago region

because they can provide a blueprint

on how we can plan our city and surrounding area

in a way that not just makes economic sense,

but in a way that's equitable for everyone.

[Marsha Cruzan] The Metropolitan Planning Council has brought together

lots of diverse leaders.

The leaders together thoughtfully address

the current challenges.

[Tom Weisner] It's the regional facilitator

for making sure that this area has a bright future,

that we don't get consumed by complacency,

or selfishness,

that we are always talking to each other

and creating solutions for the future.

[Amalia Rioja] It's great to have MPC as thought leaders and experts

that can bring together all these different stakeholders

and be able to have an impact.

[Jahmal Cole] MPC is a powerful organization because

it's not just about research.

Chicago is one of the most segregated cities in the US.

Teenagers on the south and west side are not connected

to the same extent as teenagers

on the north side of Chicago.

They order their food every day

through three inch bullet proof glass windows.

Helicopters fly over their homes every night.

Had it not been for the MPC's report,

I wouldn't have had this ammo to say hey

that's segregation in action.

MPC has done a great job at studying issues

that are relevant and draw empathy out of people.

And that's why I support MPC.

[Debbie Liu] My involvement with MPC really started

with being involved in the Ping Tom Park Advisory Council.

MPC had led community discussions

for Our Great Rivers project.

We were working with MPC throughout the process

to really get enough community feedback.

MPC allowed them to have a space to be urban planners

of their own communities.

[Marsha Cruzan] Developing communities means investing in people

and their hopes and dreams for the future.

But it's also about showing people what's possible.

[Debbie Liu] I appreciate MPC for being intentional

about bringing the community together.

[Tom Weisner] MPC has been the leader in making sure

that we're aware of the issues,

but that we're also given the opportunity

to work together to create solutions.

[Jahmal Cole] Powerful leadership and people that actually care.

That's MPC.

For more infomation >> Metropolitan Planning Council: Who We Are & What We Do - Duration: 2:35.

-------------------------------------------

We will be warm this weekend, even by summer standards 9/21/17 - Duration: 3:16.

For more infomation >> We will be warm this weekend, even by summer standards 9/21/17 - Duration: 3:16.

-------------------------------------------

CAN WE JUST TALK? EP.4 || DEEPAVALI - Duration: 4:47.

YES DEEPAVALI! That one day of the year where we have good food in our house.

That day that we spend all the money we had saved all year.

We all have a cupboard in our house. It looks like a haunted house which no one goes near.

Our mothers accumulate items just for deepavali in that cupboard.

What are you doing?

Let's use all this glass plates to eat lunch today.

We can only take all this out once a year for deepavali.

If you touch all this plates, you are dead.

On deepavali day, we can use the crystal plates and cups and flaunt it!

I had asked a question on facebook.

Why do YOU celebrate deepavali?

I got alot of answers for that. some are very common.

but let's all sit in silence for 1 minute for these answers.

He is such a good guy....?

Alot of people don't know why they celebrate deepavali.

I mean definitely in our school times we were all taught that.

who killed who? which demon killed who? who killed the demon?

how did you find the path of light?

we learn all that.

Deepavali eve, all the indians say bye to our chinese and malay friends and leave half day from work/school.

as far as our chinese and malay friends are considered, deepavali is all about heena, cookies, traditional clothes, briyani...

basically its another Hari Raya.

As we grow older, we forget the meaning for deepavali.

When we drive into LITTLE india and see the festive lights, do we realise that deepavali = Festival of lights.

Our tribute to the festival of lights is to keep the lights switched on 24/7 on deepavali day.

That is the only day our parents don't scold us for leaving the lights on in the room.

For all of us, deepavali means, murukku, cookies, new clothes, new movies...

thosai, mutton curry...

Girls will buy varieties of sarees and chuditars.

They want to put wedding level makeup and take a pic for instagram.

You can meet all you relatives in one place.

Some people only bathe on deepavali day.

I don't know about you, but my mom does this every year 2 months before deepavali.

No, i'm not doing anything this year for deepavali.

She does this 3 weeks before deepavali.

Amma, what are you doing?

deepavali is coming, right? So i'm making a list on what to buy.

but i thought you didn't want to celebrate?

yeah, the list was at 300 items. this year its only at 150. so its simple.

There are 2 types of family during deepavali time.

The 1st family don't go to other people house instead everyone come to their house.

2nd type of family, no one comes to their house but they go to every house!

if you are in the 2nd type of family, happy day!

You can eat little by little in every house!

but if you are in the 1st type of family, just as you are about to eat, guest will come.

You can never eat in peace because you need to entertain your guest.

Fine, you think there is nothing to do so you might as well just sit and eat...

your mother will glare at you.

There is a new trend in the new generation.

Its called "BUFFET"

I grew up eating on banana leaf.

When you go to different houses, the food will be fantastic because of the way its cooked.

but now, even if you go to 10 houses, the food taste the same.

THE GENETIC INDIAN BUFFET.

Some people cannot afford to celebrate deepavali.

because celebrating deepavali is not cheap.

some people get depressed when they can't celebrate deepavali.

Some people even take loans to celebrate deepavali the way they used to when they could afford it.

For more infomation >> CAN WE JUST TALK? EP.4 || DEEPAVALI - Duration: 4:47.

-------------------------------------------

We Could Use Some Rain! - Duration: 2:49.

For more infomation >> We Could Use Some Rain! - Duration: 2:49.

-------------------------------------------

What We Once Were - Episode #1 : Survive - Duration: 8:01.

>> Young Bree: Oh no.

Crap.

>> Emily: Bree, are you in there?

>> Young Bree: Ah, yeah?

>> Emily: It's time for dinner.

>> Young Bree: I'll be down in a sec.

[Thematic music]

>> David: Thanks, Hun, this looks great.

Bree, how was your day?

>> Young Bree: Good.

>> David: Math lessons with Ms. McInnis going well?

>> Young Bree: Uh-huh.

>> Young Hanna: Can I go to Natalie's tomorrow?

>> Emily: What for?

>> Young Hanna: Just for a sleepover and to watch some movies.

>> David: As long as there's no boys.

>> Young Hanna: Yeah, there won't be.

>> David: Have you seen my laptop?

>> Young Hanna: No.

>> Young Bree: Ahm, me neither.

>> Emily: Maybe you left it in the den?

>> David: Mmh, I'll check after dinner.

[Phone Rings]

>> Emily: Hello? Yes, it is.

Ah, one second, please.

We need to take this.

>> David: Excuse me, girls.

>> Young Hanna: You took the laptop, didn't you?

>> Young Bree: No, I didn't.

>> Ominous Voice: They know.

They're coming for you.

Run!

>> David: Look, I'm not going to do that.

>> Emily: Good, and what about what he said?

>> David: Don't worry, we have this thing under control.

>> Emily: How can I not worry, David?

I hear about some new disaster and I don't even hear about it from you, I have to hear

about it from your boss.

>> David: I didn't want want to worry you because it's nothing.

>> Emily: Did he say anything else about her?

>> David: Just that..., Bree!?

What are you doing up?

Go back to bed!

>> Young Bree: But I-

>> David: Go on.

>> Young Bree: Why can't I go out and play with them?

>> Emily: Because you're special.

>> Young Bree: But I don't wanna be special.

I wanna be like them.

>> Emily: Is that what Peter Pan said when he flew?

>> Young Bree: No.

>> Emily: Exactly.

He didn't want to be like everyone else.

Cause that's boring, and you're not boring.

>> Young Bree: But I have no friends.

[Emily gasps]

>> Emily: It hurts!

>> Young Bree: Mom, you're crazy.

>> Emily: Peter, what are you saying?

Are you saying you don't believe in fairies?

Am I not real?

>> Young Bree: Mom!

>> Emily: Who is this fantastic person you speak of?

>> Young Bree: You.

>> Emily: I don't see a 'Mom' around here.

But look!

Hook's ship is coming.

Come on, let's fly.

>> Young Hanna: Bree, did you take my phone again?

>> From TV: Hi, I'm Kelly Stevens, and you are watching SI-Five news...

We have reports that some civilians are dying within seconds of contact with, what has been

named, the UCS2 virus.

The government has not released where the virus originated, but it has an alarming mortality rate

Government officials are urging civilians to get to a hospital if you can do so safely.

Do not come in contact with the Noxious.

those who have the virus.

Symptoms will include coughing, shaking and...

>> David: Bree, Bree, come on.

Hanna, take Bree.

No!

>> Emily: Bree, look at me.

Stay calm.

>> Young Hanna: Mom, what's happening?

>> Emily: Listen to me, honey, you have to take your sister and run.

>> Young Bree: Ah!

>> Young Hanna: What about you and dad?

>> Emily: There's no time! Just go!

>> Young Hanna: I don't know what to do!

>> Emily: I know it doesn't make a lot of sense but you have to take care of her, keep her calm. Please, honey.

>> Young Bree: Mom!

>> Young Bree: Mommy!

>> Hanna: Bree, you have to concentrate.

>> Bree: I am concentrating.

>> Hanna: Well, try harder.

Come on, focus. Just, move the stone.

>> Bree: Oh, just move the stone?

Why didn't you say that in the first place?

>> Hanna: Stop being such a brat.

Just do it.

>> Bree: Why don't you just do it then?

>> Hanna: Because I don't have powers like you.

>> Bree: And why not?

I hate this, Hanna, I didn't ask for it.

>> Hanna: I don't know.

Mom just said I have to look after you and that's what I'm doing.

Try again.

>> Bree: That's it, I'm done.

>> Hanna: No, you're not. You're gonna get this.

>> Bree: I don't wanna do it anymore.

>> Hanna: You need to.

>> Bree: Why?

>> Hanna: Because I said so.

>> Bree: Seriously?

Fine.

There.

>> Hanna: You're making it really hard for me to take care of you.

>> Bree: Well, I didn't ask you to.

[Hanna sighs]

>> Hanna: Oh hu-hu, so now you're gonna move the stone.

>> Hanna: Stay close.

>> Rogan: Not yet.

For more infomation >> What We Once Were - Episode #1 : Survive - Duration: 8:01.

-------------------------------------------

WE ARE THE PARAGON 2 (New Music) - Duration: 0:59.

maybe I just wanted a copy of the key to my savior.

hoping that one day them gold gates are gone wake up and i find god and he say oh mante

wait bruh you gotta staaaaay

and stunt on niggas

before I die I gotta stunt on niggas

before I die I gotta stunt on niggas

Young Farrakhan with a fear of god raps paragon in a paradox

tell niggas kick rocks till we make white a red pair of sox

sipping this purp till them speakers don't knock

till I go diamond off rock

like a never left mom I'm a never go pop

its really no biggie how I talk like pac

move like puff

no magic dragon

shocking how i come shooting out gatlins like a super savage

oh ooh god damn it

I gotta stop for a second now every one follow the flow

can y'all rock for a second

walk in the building slow mo

niggas gone know bitches gone know

who the fuck I am terry mav's like Luke I don't fuck with you drones

For more infomation >> WE ARE THE PARAGON 2 (New Music) - Duration: 0:59.

-------------------------------------------

We Are Calligraphy Season 2 Episode 4 - Love never felt so good - Duration: 9:01.

We Are Calligraphy Episode 4 x Jelvin Base

What was the first thing you ever wrote in Calligraphy?

Love never felt so good

Who was the first calligrapher you met in person?

There were a lot of them

And the latest?

I forgot, I'm sorry

What's your favourite tool to work with?

Pilot Parallel Pen

What is Calligraphy to you?

Therapy

Your top 3 favourite Alphabets to use?

JBL

What inspires you?

Empathy

What makes you sad?

Empty wallet

What makes you happy?

Food makes me happy

Calligraphy Masters is...?

Calligraphy Masters is a family

How about a motivating quote?

Stay Fresh

Who are you?

Jelvin Base

Where are you from?

Metro Manila

P.S:

Set a course, take it slow, make it happen!!!

Can we hit 1000 LIKES to unlock next episode before next Friday?

For more infomation >> We Are Calligraphy Season 2 Episode 4 - Love never felt so good - Duration: 9:01.

-------------------------------------------

Video: We will spend several day sin the 80s 9/22/17 - Duration: 2:30.

For more infomation >> Video: We will spend several day sin the 80s 9/22/17 - Duration: 2:30.

-------------------------------------------

WE THE FEST 2017 #WTF17 | Daya, LANY, Snakehips, Autograf LIVE - Duration: 6:06.

my name is ancha

i know

you're watched my video just to see

daya

autograf

lany

or snakehips

you'll get it all of that

if you watch this video till the end

previously, what do u think if someone goes to this event alone?

might be a little boring and lonely

but i really don't care bout it

but something made me pain

when being behind this pair

i'm willing you with him

as long as ur happy

if i choose a favorite stage at wtf

i'm not going to select this

and this my favorite stage!

why? coz i can see perfomance by my favorite musician

like

and

next autograf!

snakehips too

times to eat

if u want to eat, must fill the point first

the bracelet i used. in addition logging into wtf

this is also a transaction tool

1 point = Rp 30.000

points will be scanned to bracelets

if you want to buy something

just scan

next perfomance is daya

and also LANY

thanks for following my trip to WTF

don't forget subscribe to ancha

For more infomation >> WE THE FEST 2017 #WTF17 | Daya, LANY, Snakehips, Autograf LIVE - Duration: 6:06.

-------------------------------------------

Little Aaradhya Bachchan with Mom Aishwarya rai - Not only Abhishek bachcan But we also LOVE Photos - Duration: 6:11.

Little Aaradhya Bachchan with Mom Aishwarya rai - Not only Abhishek bachcan But we also LOVE Photos

For more infomation >> Little Aaradhya Bachchan with Mom Aishwarya rai - Not only Abhishek bachcan But we also LOVE Photos - Duration: 6:11.

-------------------------------------------

Are We There Yet? - Duration: 2:50.

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

What about now?

What about now? Are we there yet?

I know that you have been asking yourself this question in your business for a long time. How do I know?

Because I ask myself the same thing.

Because so many of my clients ask themselves the same thing.

Am I there yet? And here's the thing.

We never arrive.

On this path we have to understand that this is a journey and

every time we get somewhere there will be a new "are we there yet?"

There will be a new milestone that we have to reach so we have to make sure

that we are enjoying the journey as much as we possibly can.

I mean that's why we're doing this right? Of course my name is Sarena Miller and I

am the founder of business betterment and I am here to help you take your

business from "meh" to magnificent. To help you turn your passion into a business that thrives!

And one of the things that is so important about our

passion in our work is that we're committed to it. We're committed for the

long haul we say "you know what I am in this no matter what. I am here to serve.

I am NOT giving up. It doesn't matter if only one person is interested because

you know what next time there'll be five people interested and the time after

that ten people and then 10,000 and then ten million" right?

And this is the way it goes and so no matter where you're at be thankful for the one. Be thankful for the one.

Because that means you've arrived at a next level. And so one of the mistakes

that I see a lot of business owners do is they'll send out an email and

measure the results. Or send out a blog and measure the results, send out a

Facebook post "how come I'm not..." But really it's about being consistent and committing to

your mission. Committing to yourself and to your manifesto and why you're here

to do what you do and you know really about having confidence.

Confidence in your soul work. Confidence that you're in the right place. And that you're good at

what you do sure there are things we need to know there are strategies and

systems and you know ways to build our business that goes without saying but

all of that doesn't matter if you don't have the wherewithal and the strength of

spirit and character to say to yourself "I am in this. I'm here.

I am here." and the next time you hit that milestone the next time you hit that

goal you'll have another "are we there yet?" But it's about enjoying the ride.

It's about enjoying the ride. I mean that's what we're here to do, is to have

a lifestyle to do something important, right? To share our passion & our gifts and

to make money, doing just that. So don't give up! Persevere! And most importantly

enjoy the ride and you have control whether or not you do or you don't.

Thanks so much have a great day, hope you learned a lot and that you're going to

take something away that's going to change your business from "meh" to magnificent!

For more infomation >> Are We There Yet? - Duration: 2:50.

-------------------------------------------

WE ARE NOT ALONE - Duration: 7:21.

Our world is dying.

It doesn't look like it...

...and that's why we didn't save it.

Our own planet is against us now.

The storms...

...are like nothing else.

One day we get a signal.

We thought it was a cry for help.

Now I know there was nothing for them on Earth.

Except us.

Shutting down main engine.

Understood.

Robin?

Yes, Aslan?

I have to pee. Yell if you see any U.F.O's!

You should see this, Mika.

Robin?

You okay?

I'm fine.

It wasn't your fault.

Where did you find this?

You dropped it.

What's her name?

Mika.

"I hope you find what you are looking for."

Don't be so hard on yourself.

The chances of this happening to us again are almost none.

Then why did it, if it's impossible?

I said almost.

It's space. Anything is possible.

I think you will see Mika again.

Aslan, why did you become an astronaut?

I don't know? My parents wanted me to?

I wanted to make them proud.

As time went on, the sky became darker.

The very air could damage them, and the ship.

But if they waited any longer, they wouldn't be able to leave at all.

Robin doubted if he even wanted to anymore.

Look. I know you want to see Mika again.

Yeah. Are you gonna be in the way?

Good.

I can take her with me then.

What? No, that's suicide!

Then I'm going home.

Goddammit Robin, you're killing us!

We're all gonna die anyway.

At least I'll get to see Mika.

I'm trying to help you!

I don't want help.

You want to find out if we're alone in the universe.

That's your dream. But you're not getting there alone.

Don't give up.

Do it for Mika.

Your parents would be proud of you, Aslan.

Thanks.

Robin. We're gonna find out the truth.

I hope.

Our world is dying.

It doesn't look like it.

Because this isn't our world.

But it could be.

If we work together.

For more infomation >> WE ARE NOT ALONE - Duration: 7:21.

-------------------------------------------

"Merrily We Roll Along" | Audience Reviews - Duration: 1:29.

Loved it.

Thought it was amazing.

I thought it was a great way to spend Friday night.

It was really interesting, and bright, and bold.

I love anything in the 60s and 70s

so I loved that and I loved the story.

I thought the music was so compelling

and it's interesting.

It's so Sondheim.

I'm a big fan of the musical and the original recording

which I've been listening to a lot for the past two years,

and it met and kind of exceeded the expectations.

I thought it was an interesting

coming of age story,

but told backwards which is a unique approach

to understanding how people develop

and grow over time.

I really connected to it on a level

that I really wasn't expecting.

It was the show that I really needed to see

and I didn't know that I needed to see it.

It was fantastic.

Nothing that I expected.

You know it's funny, I think one will react

depending on the state of their life, their age.

I'm in my 50s and so this hit me right in the face.

A little too real.

And for that I loved it.

For sure you are going to find yourself in it.

We've all been there.

We've all you know dated the wrong person,

or you tried the wrong job.

You know it's something that everybody

can walk away and relate to.

Plus it's just really fun!

A very unusual show, really thoughtful.

You will come away with a new perspective on things.

It, like, brought up so many emotions in me.

I can't stop thinking about it, really,

and I think I'll be thinking about it for a really long time.

For more infomation >> "Merrily We Roll Along" | Audience Reviews - Duration: 1:29.

-------------------------------------------

Councilwoman: The Puerto Rico 'That We Knew No Longer Exists' Following Hurricane Maria - Duration: 2:10.

For more infomation >> Councilwoman: The Puerto Rico 'That We Knew No Longer Exists' Following Hurricane Maria - Duration: 2:10.

-------------------------------------------

Good Question: How Much Daylight Are We Losing Each Day? - Duration: 2:13.

For more infomation >> Good Question: How Much Daylight Are We Losing Each Day? - Duration: 2:13.

-------------------------------------------

We met Filmstars!! - Bandra Fair - Mount Mary - #lalitprabhakar #Ishakeskar #MrinmayeeGodbole - Duration: 6:00.

Always ride safe

Always use a Helmet

Don't ride a Motorbike without wearing Helmet

especially ride safe during monsoons

from 23rd September our new theater play is releasing, Pati Gele ga Kathewadi

please do come to see that

we three and many other Good stars are acting in the play

Me and yash are always making videos

For more infomation >> We met Filmstars!! - Bandra Fair - Mount Mary - #lalitprabhakar #Ishakeskar #MrinmayeeGodbole - Duration: 6:00.

-------------------------------------------

WE FOUND OUR STUDY ABROAD NOTEBOOK FROM 5 YEARS AGO 🇫🇷 - Duration: 5:45.

Hey it's Damon

and it's Jo

and it's Damon, and it's Jo

and it's Damon, and it's Jo

and it's Jo, and it's Damon

But it's not Jo and Damon

because then there are two vowels

then it'd be Joand Damon

Especially in French cuz there's the liaison

DamonNAND Jo

Joanna

Her name's Joanne

My name's Joanna actually but

What we're about to do in this video

is revise Jo's little notebook from studying abroad

from the year 1970...

"1980"

The exact joke we made in the last video

Damon's notebook from 1970

We're up here on the roof, which is illegal

It's illegal here

Everything in the United States is illegal

You're gonna take the easy way!?

Yeah

Do we go? or Do we not go?

The door has an alarm

There's no alarm?

Damon?

Hey guys

The most dangerous stairs in the world

This is what it's all about! Life!

and death!

Lemme not make jokes while I'm still on this thing

I'm RIGHT here.

It's beautiful!

We're a bit French in that aspect

We're gonna do what we wanna do

We even drank up here one time

We smoked up here!

No, no.

We made love

Here?

Yeah!

Together!

Me, I have. You haven't.

Naaaaaan

Yes, actually

No.

No, I've never done that.

We're going to...stop for the helicopter

5 Minutes Later

1 Hour Later

...after the first five minutes

He's coming back?

He's coming down

Here?

Here!!!

Two Hours Later

...the first hour after the five minutes

wait this is complicated

Imagine if our landlord hired a helicopter to do rounds

to make sure no one is up here

Are there cameras?

Nope, I already checked

Look at the smog

It's good air

He's leaving, after all that.

Yeah, he's leaving Jo

THE joke of 2017

So I found my notebook of words that I learned

words and expressions that I learned during my four months in Paris

for my exchange

We're going to do a test to see if she remembers any of these words

First word: maîtriser

learning

Why do you pronounce it like that?

It's "d'apprendRE"

I'm a gangsta

To perfect/improve

and I didn't do that

I haven't seen or read this notebook

And trust me, you don't want to

"That pisses me off"

(Not the right word)

Shoes?

And here you wrote something about the Modern Temple Hotel

Who were you there with?

Right next to Pigalle! (where the prostitutes are)

I know this one

Your little bracelets and hair

Stop "taquiner"ing me

Wait did you just fart

No it was this

You wrote this

"Se Moquer" - learn to conjugate

like learn how to form the verb

My French teacher

Orphanage

Orifice?

To brake

Gimme a sentence with the plus-que-parfait (grammar tense)

This one will be hard

Before eating

my breakfast

I already ate

I had already eaten another breakfast

I hooked up

Did you pécho?

Oh ça va! It's fiiiine.

You dirty

That page was really dirty

Even if you're not going to repeat the words, you have to know them

Yeah and that's why we did a class on dirty words

We learned words like

And that's why I love French

To turn off

*thinks it's "attendre"*

To turn off

What's that sound mean?

A subscription

Like subscribers who are going to subscribe to our YT channel

Yes, for example!

You must subscribe to the DamonAndJo channel

Now we gotta go cuz there are like people up here

It's illegal. There are helicopters

all the sirens looking for us

See ya next time and remember we'll be in Paris

the first week of October, which is my birthday

Happy Birthday to you!

Sing it to me!

Happy Birthday to you!

Sing it to me now

You're a big old oldie

Happy birthday to you

See you in Paris

Bye bye!

I imagine that before death you'll hear a sound like that

Ding! It's your time.

You've been eliminated.

We're going to do something important

I say that in every video

Everything we do is important really

Yes...very important

Because life is important and if you aren't doing things that aren't important, what are you doing with your life!

There are just criminals and police sirens here

We live in a very safe neighborhood

The worst is yet to come

I wrote that? That's good!

"Avenir" means "future" in French

which is literally "à" (to) and "venir" (come)

so it's literally "what's going to come"

And then you have "demain" (tomorrow)

cuz it's like you're going to have tomorrow in your hand ("main")

I don't know...

Or like "two hands"

which present you tomorrow, the day

Makes total sense to me

Logic

You dumb

For more infomation >> WE FOUND OUR STUDY ABROAD NOTEBOOK FROM 5 YEARS AGO 🇫🇷 - Duration: 5:45.

-------------------------------------------

우리는 자랄거야•JIKOOK•We'll Grow In Numbers*ʷᵉᵃʳ ʰᵉᵃᵈᵖʰᵒⁿᵉ* - Duration: 3:26.

For more infomation >> 우리는 자랄거야•JIKOOK•We'll Grow In Numbers*ʷᵉᵃʳ ʰᵉᵃᵈᵖʰᵒⁿᵉ* - Duration: 3:26.

-------------------------------------------

Why Do We Sigh? - Duration: 4:28.

[INTRO ♪]

[sigh]

Want to do it with me this time?

[sigh]

Feels pretty good, doesn't it?

Sighing is one of those universal human experiences.

For people around the world, taking a deep breath has a calming power,

and it's part of the way we experience and communicate emotion.

But it turns out that the assumptions we make when we hear other people sighing

… aren't always right.

The reasons we sigh start with biology, because your lungs actually need

to sigh just keep functioning properly.

When you take a deep breath, you're kind of rebooting them.

When you're breathing normally for a while, that's what scientists call

eupneic breathing—meaning that it's normal and unlabored.

And if you just let people sit with their eupneic breathing for a while,

eventually they'll take a breath that's about twice the usual volume of air,

which is what we tend to call a sigh.

That's usually followed by what's known as a post-sigh apnea—

a little gap between breaths that's a bit longer than normal.

This big breath pushes you to fully expand your alveoli—

the tiny air sacs that fill up your lungs.

And that helps keep your lungs from collapsing, which is good,

because collapsing is a very bad thing that you really don't want your lungs to do.

Researchers have found that people's breathing becomes more variable

just before they sigh, and it's a little more consistent afterward.

So it really is like your lungs get a reset.

Generally, you need to sigh every 5 minutes or so just to keep your lungs in working order.

You even sigh in your sleep, although that tends to be less often.

But there are lots of factors that can change the pattern of when you sigh—

like stress—and that's where the psychology comes in.

Psychologists have known for a while that breathing patterns are related to emotions.

But sighing is weird because it seems to be related to both positive and negative emotions.

For example, you might sigh because you're stressed or frustrated,

but you might also do it because you're feeling relaxed.

One way to explain the contradiction is that sighing could have a lot to do with relief:

you do it because you're feeling relieved, or because you're stressed out

and your brain is trying to make you feel more relieved.

In a 2009 study published in the journal Psychophysiology,

a group of Belgian researchers decided to test this idea.

In three separate experiments, the team made a total of 115 people

listen to an obnoxiously loud white noise turn on and off.

They used different shapes on a screen to signal whether a noise was coming.

One shape meant guaranteed irritation, one meant the subject was safe,

and one meant there was a 50-50 chance that they'd have to hear the noise.

The researchers found that people sighed a little more

while they were hearing the noise, but a lot more once it was over.

And, when they were asked about their emotions during the experiment,

people who sighed more also rated themselves as feeling more relieved.

But it didn't matter if it was relief from the obnoxious sound ending

or just from discovering they didn't have to hear the sound.

They'd sigh just because of the relief from the anticipation of the stress.

So if sighing has to do with feeling relieved or relaxed,

it makes sense that it would be associated with a lot of different emotions.

If you're taking a stressful test, for example, you might sigh in relief

once you finish a problem, but you might also sigh while you're working on

the next problem to try to make yourself feel more relieved and lower your stress levels.

Some psychologists have proposed that because people tend to sigh

when they're feeling relief from stress, humans learned to

interpret sighing from others as a signal of safety.

Which would explain why sighing seems to be a little contagious—

it's like your brain is thinking "oh, my friend thinks that tiger's gone?

I guess I can take a breath too."

But now that most of us don't spend our days trying to evade tigers,

we read into sighing a little differently—and sometimes not as accurately.

For example, in a 2008 study, 117 people were given hypothetical stories

about someone sighing and asked what they thought the sigh meant.

Usually, they assumed it meant something negative—most often sadness.

And if the story was about someone sighing alone,

people interpreted the feeling as more intense.

But if they were told to imagine themselves in the story,

they came up with more varied responses, like maybe they were frustrated or just tired or bored.

So, when you hear someone sigh, it could mean that they're sad—

but it's worth keeping in mind that there are lots of other possibilities too.

They could be stressed, or frustrated, or even experiencing a moment of calm and

[sigh] taking a breath.

Or it could just be a totally involuntary response to keep their lungs working properly.

Thanks for watching this episode of SciShow Psych,

which was brought to you by our patrons on Patreon.

If you'd like to learn more about the weird ways your brain interprets the world around you—

and why you shouldn't always trust it—you can go to youtube.com/scishowpsych and subscribe.

[OUTRO ♪]

For more infomation >> Why Do We Sigh? - Duration: 4:28.

-------------------------------------------

4 Things We Love About Texture On The Runway - Duration: 3:56.

- Hey, Naturally Curly world. I'm Nikki.

- And I'm Evelyn.

- And we're back from Texture on the Runway.

Our annual hair and fashion show held in New York,

sponsored by Sally Beauty.

- There was hair getting snatched,

edges getting laid,

faces getting beat.

There were models, influencers, brands.

Lights, camera, action.

- We documented the entire experience to share with y'all.

So here are some things we love

about Texture on the Runway.

Meeting our faves.

We invite Youtubers, Bloggers, Instagramers, Entrepreneurs,

and brands to turn up with us.

And it is so much fun, like, fangirling

over all these people I follow on the internet.

Thank you to everyone who I ran up to

and took a picture with and didn't freak out.

Because I was like, you know, eyeballing you

with heart emoji eyes all day.

I love you so much and that was really fun.

Like, Youtubers are cool.

Instagramers are cool.

I, myself, as a beauty guru, had one or two fans.

Nobody really, come up to me and tell me

that they just loved my stuff.

It's not true at all, I'm making all this up.

But yeah, I loved meeting all of

the cool people you follow on the internet.

- The main reason I love Texture on the Runway,

is it gives us the ability to travel.

It's an excuse to go to New York during

New York Fashion Week, you know what I'm saying.

We just them Texas girls.

Some simple Texas girls,

trying to live it up in the concrete jungle,

where dreams are made of.

So eating food,

crossing the street in dangerous fashion,

being caught in traffic,

the honking, the bright lights.

Just the ambiance of being in New York,

but not being like, poor.

Because we don't live there, we're tourists.

Great. I love it.

Texture on the Runway happening during

New York Fashion Week I think is a perfect idea.

- All of the hair styles.

There were so many cool and unique

avant garde hair styles on the runway.

There was a lot wavy locks,

and all kinds of braids,

and pony tails and weaves.

And it really made me feel like,

"oh this little braid I got ain't doing nothing.

I need to up my game."

So seeing all that inspiration made me feel like

I could do more stuff with my hair.

I can mess with my curliness,

the texture, I can straighten it.

It's really cool to see all the things your hair can do.

One of my favorite hair styles was from one

of my favorite brands, Carol's Daughter,

Lisa Price is my auntie.

And she had sent a model down the runway,

and she had this giant pony tail.

It was this blonde pony tail,

it went all the way down to like her thigh meat.

So I was like "ooh that's kinda, that's kinda cute."

And the model was pregnant.

So inclusivity, you know what I'm saying.

Pregnant lives matter y'all.

Her hair was real fire and you know, I got my life.

- Mielle Organics sent these models down the runway

and they were covered in gold body glitter, body paint.

Looking like a golden globe.

Looking like the sparkle emoji.

Just it was so beautiful.

And then the owner of Mielle Organics

was like sitting on the throne.

It was just so much.

And then you had Shea Moisture,

with the really utilitarian,

ooh yes vocab, utilitarian clothes,

but like these intricate braided hair styles.

Shout out to the motherland.

And it was just so cool to see these brands

kinda step outside what you know them for,

which is hair and like conditioner.

And actually use fashion

as part of their creative expression.

- Thanks so much for watching.

In the comments below let us know if

you've attended any hair or beauty events lately.

Are they fun?

Do you like them?

Do you wanna meet with us?

Let us know in the comments below.

- If you enjoyed this video give it a like,

comment, share, and subscribe.

We post these videos every Friday.

So we'll see you next week.

Bye. - Bye.

(upbeat music)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét